1. Entertainment

BBC Renews Merlin for Fourth Season

By October 25, 2010

Bradley James as Prince Arthur in season 3 of (I)Merlin(/i).

Bradley James as Prince Arthur in season 3 of Merlin.

© BBC

The third season of Merlin, half of which has aired so far on BBC 1, continues to garner strong ratings against stiff competition, and pleased BBC brass have gone ahead and ordered a fourth season.

Ben Stephenson, BBC's controller of drama commissioning, explained in a statement: "Merlin continues to perform outstandingly well against The X Factor and offers audiences an alternative treat on Saturday nights." Viewership has actually been up a bit this year, ranging toward 6.5 million viewers per episode.

The flip side: the order is for only ten episodes so far, not the 13 of all the seasons to date, and the double scheduling of Doctor Who in both the spring and fall of 2011 might push season 4 of Merlin to 2012. The new season will start filming in March.

The show's guiding lights, Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy, gave some hints about what season 4 might hold in store: "We are both delighted with the continuing success of Merlin, and relish the chance to take the series to the next level with the long-awaited arrival of the Knights of the Round Table." Potential players of the Round Table, including the stalwart Lancelot and the irreverent Gwaine, have already been introduced, the latter just recently in season 3.
Follow me on Twitter  |  Follow me on Facebook

Comments

October 25, 2010 at 8:28 am
(1) Tank0 says:

i just hope they ll move the main story along and not make this a second smallville . goofy merlin and arthur really should become more like the wise men the legend claims they where .
maybe just a tad wiser and more powerfull in series 4

October 25, 2010 at 5:58 pm
(2) frex says:

2012!?WTF! I really hope this will not happen!

October 31, 2010 at 10:06 pm
(3) Tom says:

Very excited that there will be a Merlin season 4. Although I am disappointed that there will be only 10 episodes… If the show is so popular they should make more episodes per season. 20 per season would be awesome!

November 14, 2010 at 1:33 pm
(4) Melody says:

I don’t understand anything less 52 episodes (just kidding). I’ll live with 10, but prefer more. Ultimately, I’m just happy its coming back. I’m very anxious for Arthur to find out about Merlin’s secret and see their friendship grow even stronger for it. I just watched the episode where Guineviere and Arthur’s relationship came to light – FANTASTIC. It is a shining example of how the writers know we want to see progress toward their destiny’s but also recognize that they are all still growing up. Still, Arthur needs to be on the thrown at least by the end of season 6. I won’t complain about sooner.

November 21, 2010 at 7:27 am
(5) Drew haigh says:

i really think that merlin should get pushed sooner than 2012 alot of people like this show dr. who can wait lol this is the best series i have watched and i love it so much they also should do more than a fourth season especialy if there getting a 6.5 million ratings per episode merlin rocks they should have like an episode a day or a couple a week i hate having 2 wait 7 days for the next its such a good series…..well ima stop talking right now cause if i dont i will keep going on and on lmfao :) :P

November 28, 2010 at 4:38 pm
(6) grace says:

seriously? 13 episodes is kinda hard to accept . but 10 episodes?! well, i guess it’s better than nothin. and 2012? god. i remember when season 3 started . i had forgotten everything that has happened in the last episodes of season 2. i was like: morgana disappeared? merlin tried to kill morgana?

they should make more episodes and not so long waiting period. damn it. the show is popular, stop being so afraid of not enough ppl watching cuz ppl are going to watch. and even better if you make more episodes!

November 29, 2010 at 7:17 am
(7) Christina Stones says:

So happy there is a season 4. Hope to finally see more of the knights and the round table, arthur becoming king around the 9th-10th episode, gwen marrying him,, merlins secret told to arthur, the sword……i even researched that Merlin and Morgana have a fling in the legend which turns her good for a while (just for a while)..The story will only just begin in the 4th season, which is why they sould have more than just 10 episodes,, an extra 20 wont be great haha…..
I would also like to say that the actors are especially great, not just becos we all love them, but becos they managed to stick around and do a fourth season, whearas, other actors from dr who or robin hood quit so easily which not only dissapoints me, but ruins the entire show,, i mean come on (killing robin and marian?) I dont care if the actors want to try something new. So thankyou Merlin cast for sticking around, u make my saturday’s extreely fun, just dont make us wait until 2012 please.. as much as i love dr who,,, u come 1st

December 1, 2010 at 1:59 pm
(8) eleanor says:

oh no! I can’t wait until 2012! but I’m so happy for the 4 season! it’s too beautiful!!!but just 20 episodes?! i think is better an extra!

December 3, 2010 at 7:30 am
(9) Gwen says:

10 episodes only :( .. i hope they have the best dramatic happy endig to make up for not having the usual 13….. im going to miss merlin after 2012..

December 3, 2010 at 3:52 pm
(10) Alessia says:

First of all…
Sorry for my english… I have so few chance to use it, that I hope to make me understand…
Please be patience XD

I always admired the legend of Arthu and his round table (In that was born the idea of democracy and equality… Great!), but make Merlin, Arthu, Gwenevier and Morgana and all that character at the same levell and age, given to them the chance to tell the reasons of their legend is a great idea!
More… The scriptwriters are be able to make of that legend, common people, whispering to the viewer that also heroes has fault and has to do hard work to be what has to be… Like us ;D

I would like to tell to the scriptwriters: Thanks, you make my boring evening an appointement with what could be ;) ….. Please… more episodes!!! At least 13!!!! It’s for luck!! ;D

Thank you and sorry form my english mistakes, my bad english and my slipped in your blog :*

Viva Merlin XD XD XD XD XD XD XD Xd

December 4, 2010 at 5:09 pm
(11) Danielle Birmingham says:

I don’t understand the BBC. They get gazillions of pounds from the licence paying public and they can’t afford to run Merlin and Doctor Who at the same time!

December 5, 2010 at 7:33 am
(12) ashloz says:

merlin is amaizing!!! i agree with christina stones, the actors are brill, hope they have more than just the next series though, and 2012, what the hell???? i have to wait that long to see arthur again? damn i’ll be on iplayer alot from now on :D x I <3 MERLIN!!!

December 5, 2010 at 6:59 pm
(13) Matthew says:

Awesome that there will be a 4th series, Not so awesome that it’s only 10 but still won’t hurt too much to lse the filler episodes that they do every year, As for airing it in 2012 because of Dr Who, Don’t BBC have like half a dozen channels BBC1\2\3 ETC, So there’s no reason they can’t air at the same time.

December 5, 2010 at 7:29 pm
(14) Cash says:

BBC should stop blocking US access to shows such as this online. The increased exposure would surely increase the popularity internationally & greater revenue would be generated as the international public demanded more content.

December 12, 2010 at 5:31 am
(15) just says:

gosh 2012 is tooo long!!! cant wait to wach merlin again…..
im gonna miss merlin and arthur….

December 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm
(16) Allison says:

I don’t understand how it could take so long for a tv show to come out. People have been waiting for months for Merlin and now there telling us that it could be 2012 before the next season comes out? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. 13 episodes are never enough, when it says its going to be a season finale, I’m like, “What? How can the time fly?” I want so many more episodes than 10 that I just can’t stand it. :(

December 18, 2010 at 12:34 pm
(17) Vanessa says:

I love Doctor Who, but maaannn…. 2012? Seriously?
Can’t they air DW one day and Merlin the other?? I don’t get it.

December 20, 2010 at 9:58 am
(18) Claudette Hamilton says:

OMG!!! Season 4 “2012″ damn!!!” that really seems to be an awfully long time to wait!?!?! honestly couldn’t you guyz have done a LORD of the rings” type trilogy thingy!?!?! shoot to seasons in one go!?!?! it would save all the bloomin’ hooplah!?!?! LOL”..I’m scared you might loose your audience with that kind of announcement’ ….

***smiles away***avid fan x

December 29, 2010 at 5:40 am
(19) Greg says:

I can’t get enough of this program. I’m certain that running it in syndication in the USA would bring big returns. At least run it on BBC Entertainment so international fans can catch it without being a pirate!

I agree with everyone – 13 episodes is already too few, and 10 is ridiculous. Why is it that quality shows are so scarce and reality TV schlock is never-ending?

I hope we see Merlin Seaon 4 before the Mayan end of days in 2012.

January 2, 2011 at 6:33 pm
(20) DG says:

I love this show, hope they bring it back before 2012, i don’t think I can wait that long…

January 7, 2011 at 10:41 pm
(21) gina reynolds says:

Thank you for renewing merlin for a 4th season. It seems like all of the great shows are being cancelled.

January 19, 2011 at 7:59 am
(22) Chioma says:

I cant wait till 2012. Let them start the programme now. I cant wait to see my sweetie Arthur Arthur Arthur!!!

January 19, 2011 at 8:07 am
(23) Ezioma says:

Oh no i cant wait to see my honey Gaius. If they cant start the programme, i’ll come to Scottland and see my luv.

January 20, 2011 at 1:08 pm
(24) Alex =] says:

CMON 2012?! merlin made my weekends! who knows where ill be in a year? its too long. besides, half the rating would fall cuz no1ll remember whos merlin…
what do i expect from the new season? WELL, first of all just wanted to say: I DO NOT WANT whatvr TANK0 asks- merlin to start being wise and arthur being royal. i mean obv i do want it. sometime. in the future. but not now! i love how they arent as mature as u would have expected them to be.
morgana should find herself some new dresses cuz im getting sick of those 4 dresses shes wearing EVERY ep: green one, purple one red one and white one.
i love all the drama and all the dilemmas merlin and other ppl have but i like it even more when merlin shows he’s powers and solves everything. when he is showing hes great strength and all… i luv it. but of course… dilemmas are ideal… when merlin wants to save atrthur his mum and gaius but he still has to stay alive so he can protect arthur in the future….
KEEP for next season: the little hints merlin is sending arthur about his real identity and arthur’s stupid blindness to it. how arthur would laugh at the idea of melin possessing magic even when it is said straight forward to him in a serious situation.
anyhow, i hope the next season will be good. honestly i think (and demand) it to be AWSOME because if they want it to be as good as the last 3 seasons they’d have to squeeze all of its awesomeness into 10 lousy episodes!

January 21, 2011 at 7:33 pm
(25) Burt says:

Great news for us fans here in the US. We’ve just started season 3 and have 12 more episodes to look forward to. One of my top 5 programs – wouldn’t miss it.

January 27, 2011 at 2:06 am
(26) MerlinFAN says:

Are you freaking kidding me 2012 oh man *wrist*

February 6, 2011 at 2:30 am
(27) Tracy says:

In reference to Tanks comment….you have to remember..it’s all about the journey…and their growing in wisdom…I think the writers are doing an excellent job in this portrayal :)

February 8, 2011 at 12:41 am
(28) Pingouine says:

I am now following the third season on Space channel in Canada, and I relish every moment this show comes on. I was already an Arthurian fan and was initially skeptic about it, but it rapidly got me captivated. The plots and acting performances are great. The way they are presenting this story is original and makes sense. I am very much looking forward to the upcoming episodes – particularly with Merlin going to the crystal cave. I agree with Alex’s ending remark (previous) and truly hope that the BBC will reconsider to prolong it further. I just love it. Cheers!:)

February 13, 2011 at 1:02 pm
(29) Javier Alejandro says:

I wish the Fourth Season would come alive sooner as I can see a bit of me inside Merlin. Thanks.

February 14, 2011 at 4:37 am
(30) mark s says:

Please do not make everyone wait so long. We need more magic in our lives and as for 10 insted of 12, I only feel cheated by this. Come on give us the 12 we all need. After all we all pay our licence fees!

March 4, 2011 at 9:08 pm
(31) Blaze C says:

PULEEZE do not let Merlin languish off the airwaves until 2012!! This makes NO sense at all! It runs the risk of losing some of the actors due to other offers, other contracts because they are likeable, beautiful and talented!!…keep this ensemble cast and troupe together because they all combine to make for some indelibly incredible magik on the small screen today!!!

March 5, 2011 at 2:08 pm
(32) Manca says:

I just can`t wait for season 4 anymore!!

March 9, 2011 at 9:53 am
(33) Stacey Stump says:

Even since I started watching Merlin I have been addicted. I have dwnloaded all the episodes on ITunes. I love this show and hope for many more seasons.

March 13, 2011 at 2:29 pm
(34) tammi says:

Omg!!! i cannot wait till 2012… that’s to long i need my fix of season 4 soon……

They could play it out in way more than 10 episodes i am addicted i need something to keep the Saturday nights going other than the usual boring dancing on ice or x factor……

Come on writers….lets get all magic here am sure you’s can manage it b4 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 14, 2011 at 8:36 am
(35) t00th says:

2012…
NO way

March 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm
(36) Pepo says:

You cannot let us all wait to 2012!

It’s outrageous. I’ve been waiting sooooo long for the next series and now we have to wait til 2012. Doctor Who can wait. Merlin should so come first!!!!!

March 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm
(37) Peg says:

Hi from Boston:

I’ve always enjoyed stories of Merlin and Arthur and read Mary Stewart’s Merlin trilogy years ago and have read it again twice since. I just love this show, watched when I could on TV then just bought the 3-series DVD. We were shocked when it ended so abruptly.

I don’t understand the workings of British “telly,” but why in God’s name would you hold back one successful TV show for another? Prime time TV has numerous channels competing against each other over here. If we have two shows we like running against each other we tape one and watch it later. If a station has two successful shows they each show one after the other on the same night or each one on a different night.

Like I said I don’t get it, but I’m not happy with having to wait so long to see the next season!!!!

March 21, 2011 at 7:14 am
(38) merlin is da best says:

i do hope that it will return in 2011 an not 2012, so many ppl r waiting.

March 26, 2011 at 10:29 am
(39) Ricky says:

Merlin is so popular because it oozes class. Class acting, class stories, class acts. No wannabe singers who cant sing nor dancers who cant dance. Come on BBC, let us ‘ave it!!!!

March 29, 2011 at 3:11 pm
(40) MERLINFEIND1 says:

i think this show is greaat it adds a bit of humor to the old serious legends……..i mean i love the legends but this show got my childern interested in aurthian legend so im totaly not complaining about the silliness me and my family think its refreshing and a plesent change from all the crime dramas and all the depressing news these days

April 2, 2011 at 9:17 pm
(41) Frances says:

Wonderful I started watching because I am a fan of Anthony Head but love all the cast. Pleas do not punish the fans with a delay in season start and more than 10 episodes . please.. The is so little clean. good shows on TV we need this show. Thanks

April 9, 2011 at 1:36 am
(42) Blake says:

i don’t understand! If you have that many fans watching Merlin every episode, why wait till 2012!?!? i’m alright with it being only 10 episodes, but i don’t understand the wait/patience i must give…. Geez, i have a hard time WAITING a week to watch the new episodes

April 9, 2011 at 9:10 pm
(43) Jackie says:

Please don’t make us wait until 2012 for Season 4 of Merlin!
I hope Arthur takes the throne in season 4 and Merlin is allowed to use magic openly.

April 10, 2011 at 2:46 pm
(44) Dee says:

Love, love, love Merlin. Thanks for bringing it back. Please start season four asap. Brilliant show, brilliant writing, brilliant cast. Please don’t risk any of these factors for any reason. Bring it back today, if possible. And add episodes, don’t take any away! Big lapses can mean a loss in viewership or potentially losing the show. Dr. Who certainly has its place but please do not sacrifice one amazing show for a really good one.

April 10, 2011 at 6:57 pm
(45) Meg says:

We have to wait till 2012??? Thats bull!!! It needs to air this fall!
I’m glad they are doing a 4th season though! I really cannot wait to find out what happens when Merlin reveals his magic to Arthur.. Also, I’m anxious to see development of the Lancelot-Gwen-Arthur love triangle!

April 11, 2011 at 8:45 pm
(46) Christy Schuette says:

I have two girls (ages 8 and 10) and we LOVE this show. We are so glad that there will be a 4th season but it will be an excruciatingly long wait for us to wait to see the next show until 2012. Here’s hoping for a fall 2011 premier and one that will also air in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long live Merlin :)

April 11, 2011 at 9:52 pm
(47) melli says:

wtf…2012!!!! so long i have to wait??? can’t they air it sooner????????

April 12, 2011 at 5:23 pm
(48) victoria highley says:

please dont cancel merlin i love the show and make more episode for season 4 dont let us wait until 2012……………..

April 13, 2011 at 2:45 pm
(49) Bill says:

I think that arthur should find out about merlins secret when there is a huge force of worlocks like merlin, and they come to attack camelot, but Merlin, arthur, Lancelot etc> (the knights) confront them in a small rural town and they go into a huge fight scene but merlin destroys the worlocks (with help from the dragon) and destroys the town but arthur, lancelot etc. are okay but merlin is collapsed on the floor then the dragon takes him someplace where merlin gets the full extent of his power and a staff (so he can use more at the same time) and gets healed by the dragon!!

April 15, 2011 at 12:40 am
(50) Morgan la Fey says:

I only just discovered this show on HULU, watched the first two seasons and love it so much I had to buy the third…(don’t have a TV)
Please make this show at least 6 seasons or more and keep it at 13 episodes per season…
I like the twists and turns of the story….

I am a huge fan of the Mists of Avalon, would be nice to see that made into a series, the last one made was done very poorly..

“issenen ar’ maska’lalaith tenna’ lye omentuva”
-Sweet water and light laughter till next we meet

April 18, 2011 at 8:45 am
(51) sas says:

I love the the program merlin and i can’t wait untill 2012 for the next season i love dr. who aswell but there are lots of bbc channels like BBC 1/2/3/4 ETC. so please bring it back this year and its a same that it only has 10 episodes not 13 like normal so please bring it back this year… I <3 MERLIN AND ARTHUR

April 23, 2011 at 11:41 am
(52) Maiken says:

I am a little disappointed, I was hoping there would be at least 10 seasons, but i guess i have to live with it! I season 4 I hope merlin will tell arthur the secret and Arthur will be king and of course Gwen will be a queen. I am hoping for a suprise that the will be more seasons. It is something that i dont understand. Why wait to 2012, we are all dead by then. The world is going under. ( just kidding )
- Maiken

April 25, 2011 at 2:16 pm
(53) jason says:

Cash – You say remove US Access…now why would they do that for free? We pay a television license in the UK directly to the BBC which is approximately 230$ USD a year, which gives us access to everything the BBC produce or provide.

I qet quite annoyed when I see careless posts like the one you made, when we have to pay for this unfair funding.

The BBC announced there will be international access to the US on it’s iPlayer later in the year for around $8 which is only around £82 a year. Which means you pay only just over half of what we have to pay per year to fund the BBC, if it is outrageously draconian and completely wrong.

However the BBC confirmed you won’t be getting top rated shows such as Dr Who, Merlin etc due to rights issues with US Television channels such as SyFy and BBC America which airs brand new episodes of Dr Who the same day it airs in the UK. BBC America does not have the rights to Merlin, only SyFy in the US do.

Dr WHO air April 23 for 7 episodes, then Sherlock (second season of 3 feature length episodes) airs during the summer, with Doctor Who resuming in the fall.

The BBC confirmed in an email that Merlin Season 4 will air mid January 2012.

There will only be 10 episodes, this has been confirmed by the BBC controller, there will not be the usual 13, this is because of the complex scheduling this year, and with other shows.

April 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm
(54) jason says:

Just forgot to add to the above post..we have absolutely no choice but to pay the license fee because its the law. If we don’t then we face a 1000£ or and imprisonment for 6 months.

April 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm
(55) jason says:

iPlayer access to the US will be $8 a month which works out to be around £82 a year in the UK which is considerably less than the license. The iPlayer subscription does not includes access to top rates shows which are already licensed out such as Doctor Who and Merlin respectively..it also does not include Torchwood now a join production between BBC and Starz and will air first in the UK

April 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm
(56) pk says:

MERLIN IS GOOD! PLEASE BRING IT BACK AND MORE OF IT!!! I JUST STARTED WATCHING IT BECAUSE MY MOM AND DAD WATCH IT. I AM HOOKED AND THINK IT IS BETTER THAN THE “CAMELOT” SHOW THAT HAS COME ON. NOW I HAVE TAPED THE LAST FEW SHOWS AND DON’T WANT TO DELETE THEM. PLEASE BRING IT BACK EVERY FRIDAY!!!!

PKBOWLES

May 3, 2011 at 11:07 pm
(57) Arlene Wasser says:

I am so thrilled to read that Merlin is coming back for season number 4! This is one of my favorite shows, so please keep it coming on and showing it in Miami, Florida!

May 8, 2011 at 10:42 pm
(58) Melissa says:

Please keep this show going in the u.s. And elsewhere. Thank you to all the cast! You make this show incredible! Please don’t leave! I hardly have room on my DvR! Please bring it back quick!

May 9, 2011 at 7:59 pm
(59) Craig says:

Anxiously waiting for the return here in Canada. I have been watching it on Space tv. Bring it on, more the merrier. We need more fanasty type shows like this.

May 16, 2011 at 5:12 am
(60) Pati says:

Hi :)
I also love Merlin and can’t stand waiting for it until. At least I read somewhere that there are going to be 13 ep.
How do you think, would petition help airing it in 2011?

May 20, 2011 at 4:36 pm
(61) Kat says:

Waiting so long between seasons and starting and stopping even during a season is what made me stop watching so many series in the past that I really enjoyed initially. I got to the point that it was so hard to figure out when new episodes would air again that I said forget it. I hope that doesn’t happen with Merlin. 13 is an idiotic low amount of episodes for a season and then such a long wait between, but to only do 10. Come on, that’s just stupid. Just air the show on another night instead of the same night as Dr. who. I could care less about Dr. who. Please don’t wait until 2012. I’m looking forward to the new season now.

May 30, 2011 at 2:24 am
(62) Tanya says:

Seriously? 10 Episodes? 2012? Is this really necessary?

Dr. Who can wait!! Especially since my David Tennant is gone…. :( Please try to be more efficient. If you want a TV show to be successful, you have to ensure that it can be watched in the first place. Waiting 500 years to show two episodes is not a good plan. I’m sure you can figure something out. Merlin is worth it. Really, it’s worth it.

~Tanya (USA)

June 5, 2011 at 12:28 am
(63) Kpro11 says:

Really???? 10 episodes. Are they stupid???? And 2012??? Dr.where sucks merlin is a better show. I personal am boycotting bbc for this! Whos with me?

June 7, 2011 at 8:15 am
(64) Jasper says:

I’ve just finished watching all of the 3 series online, and can not wait till the forth series airs. I would like to see more then 10 episodes considering the ratings were high, but as long as they continue to make it I will be happy. Roll on the forth series and I hope to see many more series in the future.

June 13, 2011 at 8:13 am
(65) joel says:

merlin is a nice show and i think that king uther needs a nice punch from merlin and gaius.

June 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm
(66) RHYS JONES says:

MERLIN MERLIN MERLIN !!!!! The sooner the better !!!

June 21, 2011 at 9:38 pm
(67) Grace says:

What can we do other than beg BBC to release Merlin Season 4 this year? And, add more episodes?

But, I’ll beg just like the others- just in case :)

Merlin, best series ever!!! My hope is that however many seasons we will have for treats that this show will have a satisfying ending for I mean to collect all series for me to watch again and again. Being on Netflix won’t be enough!

June 21, 2011 at 11:45 pm
(68) chantelle says:

omg! i cannot wait for the next series but Merlin has to find at least some love in this one because Gwen fell in love with Arthur, Morgana turned evil and Freya died so soon.

June 22, 2011 at 12:53 pm
(69) Kim says:

I am a bit gutted about the release date :( but can the people who watch the show make a deal at least?….

If you guys are not going to let us see the series till 2012 then make the series longer by i dont know 5/10 episodes, let merlin go out with a bang.

You have the support of the viewers give us all what nearly every single comment has asked for PRETTY PLEASE!!!

June 30, 2011 at 1:54 am
(70) jennifer says:

I love this show!!! Cant wait for season four!!!

July 10, 2011 at 2:03 pm
(71) Aliu says:

this show is great, cant wait for season 4

July 13, 2011 at 5:37 pm
(72) promise says:

merlin is fantastic,please bring it out quickly,i mean season 4 i beg colin morgan please

July 20, 2011 at 7:01 pm
(73) vids says:

I love Merlin why 2012 that’s crazy and only 10 episodes after all this wait !!!

July 24, 2011 at 11:41 am
(74) ani says:

noooooooooooooooo
it has to come back in September 2011 at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
luv merlin so much!!

August 4, 2011 at 3:54 am
(75) Bonnie Paine says:

Merlin is such a beautiful series for people of all ages. It brings together the legend of the past with the truths of today in a magnificent ongoing story. I do hope the voice of the people will be heard, the same principle with which Arthur ruled his kingdom, and the BBC will give us more of the legend we seek to enjoy.

August 10, 2011 at 8:56 am
(76) taiwo says:

merlin is interesting let it be out this year we miss it

August 14, 2011 at 8:28 am
(77) Yahaya usman kana says:

Hmmm.i must confes merlin is the best ever adventure i ever watch. i can’t wait to watch reason four…….

August 14, 2011 at 9:31 pm
(78) stephen says:

1st. if you have 6.5 million viewers why would you want to disapoint them?
2nd. why only 10 episodes in season 4? I understand it takes time to make each episode but why would you want to make people lose intrest in the show by spacing series so far apart. Finally a t.v. series you can really enjoy and then you are told you have to wait till 2012 to continue watching it. It is to long to ask people to wait. I personally think BBC should have put Dr.Who on the shelf and continued with Merlin and give the public what they want.
Merlin season 4 should start in the fall 2011 thats my pesonal opion.

August 22, 2011 at 12:35 am
(79) Sherine Roberts 79 says:

I Love Merlin The Series I Love Series 1 of Merlin & Series 2 of Merlin & Series 3 I can’t wait for the Reason Series 4 to start back on BBC on TV I can’t wait to see what happilys with Gwen & Arthur I went them to get married in Season 4 I all so went Merlin to have a girlfriend in Season 4 I live Merlin/Arthur/Gwen I went Arthur to be King in Season 4 & Gwen to be Queen I am a biggest fan of Merlin Series We hope We get the Air date of when it comes back on I give Merlin Series 1 10/10 and 100 Stars and Merlin Series 2 10/10 and 200 Stars and Merlin Series 3 10/10 and 300 stars and once I have watch Series 4 I will give it 10/10 and 900 stars they are the best show I have ever seen on Tv and The Internet aswell So good luck on making the Show I know that the Directed Alice Troughton you are doing a Fantanger Job I Love I Love I Love Merlin All Series & Series 4 so thank you to the Directed Of Merlin Alice Troughton

August 22, 2011 at 12:48 am
(80) Sherine Roberts 50 says:

Merlin Is Really Fantatic Show I have seen Series 1 & Series 2 & Series 3 I can’t wait to see The New Series 4 of Merlin it is one of the best show ever I am really happy that The Directed Alice Troughton Is a really good at her job and it shows I hope that the Show wins some Awards is is just the best ever I love all the Casts in Merlin I really hope no Casts in Merlin have not be taking out of the Series 4 once It starts I am never going to go off Merlin the Series 4 ever I am going to buy all of the Series together I am your biggest Fan of Merlin 4 Sherine Joanne Roberts 10/10

August 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm
(81) Wynora says:

I am so glad Merlin is coming back on.I love this show. I just wish I knew when.

September 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm
(82) Jon says:

God Dammit!!! Why do we have to wait so ^&(%ing long?? The anticipation is killing me!!

September 5, 2011 at 9:46 am
(83) Sandra says:

I love the show and watch it faithfully. I am not happy about 10 episodes. I wish it were on every week all year long! I bought Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD but can’t find Season 3 anywhere. I never see any advertisements about the show on local channels. Why isn’t the show promoted more. A lot of people still don’t know about it.

September 5, 2011 at 10:08 pm
(84) I am Sam, Sam I am says:

WHAT 2012??? oh no i need more Merlin NOW!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 11:19 pm
(85) toby348 says:

its a long time for it to be aired agen 2012 but it will be worth the wait and every 1 mentioned merlin telling arthur and arthur marrying gwen so he can be king got the dragon who merlin promised too set free…

September 11, 2011 at 2:03 am
(86) danielle says:

i heard that it’s original airdate is october 8th, 2011….. 2012 could probably be the next series

September 30, 2011 at 6:12 am
(87) Bruno sweet says:

am happy to hear dat, very much intresting news dat it will soon be released on next month (MARLIN).

October 5, 2011 at 5:10 pm
(88) Kathy from New York says:

I enjoy MERLIN and really happy it was renewed.

October 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm
(89) Neil says:

when will season 4 start in Canada and what channel

October 8, 2011 at 8:17 am
(90) Lyn says:

Merlin is a keeper! Great that there will be a season 4 and looking forward to it – but 10 episodes? By 2012 I likely won’t even remember that Merlin exists! Would like to see it in Canada sooner rather than later. I am not a Dr. Who fan and never have been. I have really enjoyed the Merline series though.

October 16, 2011 at 8:37 pm
(91) donna d'agostino says:

I love the show! I want to know when it’s going to be on tv again. ALso what night. Pleeease let me know when.

October 27, 2011 at 10:16 pm
(92) Debbie says:

I was introduced to the Merlon series about 5 months ago on DVD. I have been enjoying watching the series tremendously. I introduced them to my three boys this summer and they watched them all in a marathon session. I am looking forward to season 4 and encourage you to continue making a show that inspires goodness, courage and action in a more simple way than is performed today.

December 1, 2011 at 1:02 pm
(93) D. Lafortune says:

I am a 64 year young grandmother of one beautiful baby boy who is 15 months old. I absolutely love love love Merlin. I can’t wait for it to return. I really miss it. They have come up with Camelot and let me tell you it ain’t nothin like Merlin. The Merlin is Camelot as far as I am concerned sure does not measure up. He just doesn’t do anything for me. I think the role of Morgan is more interesting. She is very evil. But still Merlin is and always be my absolute favourite. I love the rapport between Merlin and Arthur. They make me laugh so much. It is an absolutely feel good series. Bring it back soon please.

December 6, 2011 at 12:55 pm
(94) Trish says:

Merlin is a fantastic series. I have downloaded all 3 seasons on Netflix and have been flying through them. I am delighted to hear that there will be a 4th season. Enough with all the reality TV garbage. This is an excellent production with wonderful special effects and terrific acting. Come on BBC continue this series and continue growing the characters and episodes. Trish from the USA!!!

December 11, 2011 at 10:13 pm
(95) Davi says:

Exactly: Dr. “Who????” MERLIN!!!! This is such a GREAT show. NBC totally screwed up not grabbing it!!!! 20 shows not 10…. really???? 10???? This is one of the best shows on TV.

December 20, 2011 at 2:16 pm
(96) KakaQuickscoper says:

Ya but this whole series obviously isnt EXACTLY on the story line as in the legends, so I dont care what they mix up… as long as they still have the same basic story of how I heard and not change it up too much I will be Satisfied

-Love Merlin Keep going guys!

December 25, 2011 at 2:44 pm
(97) Chris says:

I am happy that thier will be another season of Merlin, it is a really good show. I hope Merlin show more of his power and another major conflict arises.

January 1, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(98) joda says:

season 4 already came and and infact its done if u want to watch season 4 heres the link

January 2, 2012 at 1:16 am
(99) scifi says:

Premieres in America on Syfy Jan. 6, 2012.

January 9, 2012 at 10:55 pm
(100) Sue says:

This is by far the BEST series ever aired on television!! Please order the two other episodes for the 13 total! I let my mom watch our dvd’s and we all sat around and watched every episode of season 1 and 2.

January 20, 2012 at 7:25 pm
(101) Trevor Lewan says:

I’m so looking forward for the fourth season!! I’m truly attached to this show. There can never be too many episodes because they are all riveting! I love the cast and the story line!

January 22, 2012 at 7:49 am
(102) alamin bfd says:

merlin is really great u need to make more episodes of merlin its fantastic and fun for the family. its nice 2 watch on a saturday night after casualty it keeps ur mood going they shoud bring season 4 out quicker not in march about febuaty . merlin is a good actor aswell as arthur but i think arthur shoud not find out about merlin because the programme will all end but if u keep and going people will get more interested then there will be more views i think show is very popular to many people such as me i would prefer this show to all my friends and family i just want to say its gr8 good luck with season 4 and i wish u keep on the good work to the director of merlin and the rest of the cast members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

January 22, 2012 at 7:54 am
(103) alamin bfd says:

is it season 5 or season 6 thats coming out im confused

January 22, 2012 at 9:25 am
(104) scifi says:

What’s airing now on BBC America (January 2012) is season 4.

June 28, 2012 at 3:27 pm
(105) CEPHAS says:

we in Africa(GHANA) enjoy Merlin a lot. We buy the CD’s each time a new season comes.we are now waiting for the 5th and continuing seasons. I think MERLIN should be unending because it teaches real life lessons and even gives us a clue of happenings in the spiritual world. I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST THAT SIMILAR HISTORIC MOVIES SHOULD BE ACTED WITH SAME CHARACTERS.

July 30, 2012 at 1:15 am
(106) Ed says:

Well its 2012. just watched all 3 seasons on netflix. can,t find season 4 anywhere. i,m a little peeved, cause now i,m left hanging and I hear they are coming out with a season 5 soon

November 13, 2012 at 3:06 am
(107) Laurie says:

I love love love Merlin and so does everyone else I know if they stop it I will never watch skyfi channel again.