For 15 years, Amanda Tapping has been a commanding presence on three outstanding science-fiction series--as Samantha Carter on Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, and as Helen Magnus on Sanctuary.
In that time she's provided us with some very memorable moments. What's your favorite? What do you think Amanda Tapping will be best remembered for?What's Your Favorite?
- "Is that Man enough for you Colonel? Or are we gonna have to arm wrestle." That was my introduction to Amanda Tapping and I've loved her ever since. I met her yesterday at Fan Expo in Toronto and she absolutely lived up to my expectations of her and then some.
- —Guest Jay
- I'd like to slap the piss out of the morons who rated this show. I filany get into a tv series and poof, you cancel it. Stargate Universe is as origional of a concept to put into film since the origional Stargate movie came out years ago. It was a mind bending classic ahead of its time. Sure makes you wonder about those pyramids. I will admit that season two was a bit crappy up intil the cliff hanger. Looks like they kinda wrote it off and just tried to slap together a road to an ending. Hell, Might as well just blow up the damn ship in the other half of the cliff hanger this spring and put in big fat letters after, THE END!
- —Guest guJcfQlDusLQAsEFd
Tapping as Magnus
- The Santuary character of Magnus and Tapping's portrayal is probably the most memorable and will certainly be missed. Let's hope Tapping returns in the future.
- —Guest scifirules
- Some series run their course. Sanctuary has not, could (should) have gone on for at least 2 more seasons. Can't someone please pick up this show?! Shame on you scifi!!
- —Guest proud dad
- love amandre she can stay with any time SO AMANDEWR IF U LIKE I LOVE TO HAVE U AS A GEST AT MY PLACE LOVE YOUR GRATEST FAN JOANNE
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
- maybe the producers of Sanctuary should contact BBC and see if they will pick up this series.
- —Guest Starchild
Now I Get It
- I have wondered about the network's name change from SciFi Channel, to SyFy. Now, I get it. SyFy is an acronym for See Your Favorites Yanked.
- —Guest Naomi
I GIVE UP
- There is no reason to watch syfy anymore. Well maybe for Warehouse 13 and Haven. I will keep to BBC for my sci fi. I am so sick of reality shows, but I guess it's cheaper than paying real actors. Syfy should give up their name and allow a station that likes science fiction (not horror) start showing the shows we love.
- —Guest STARCHILD
don't want to be sci fi, then say so
- if the people running this network don't like Sci fi, why are they running it? As for powerful mondays, Monday is not a prime night for sci fi fans, and what is with the wresling? Even for their stupid Marathon weekends they take time out for this. Someone should tell them that although wrestling can be fiction it is not sci fi
- It's disgusting to see how the Science Fiction Channel has become a toilet for universal-nbc tv. How a studio can let their main channel nbc becom a home to more failures than deroit and then do no wrong on usa network and turn around and cancel or misuse every good show only to keep mostly weak shows or run "reality" shows that are more pathetic farce than good entertainment. I don't mind cheesy scifi films but the network can't even spell science fiction for name control money grubing. I find I watch less and less as they import shows form other countrys or remake them poorly and expect those hungrey to eat what very they spew out like viewers need to get tomaine from the crap they hand us. I find less and less to watch and more and more to ignore. A bad pulp storie is better than "syfy" can put out without buy good work from others and showing it as their own.
- —Guest Lester Wiley