1. Entertainment

Lost Girl Renewed for Season 4

By March 4, 2013

Anna Silk as Bo and Rachel Skarsten as Tamsin in episode 3x06 of (I)Lost Girl(/i).

Anna Silk as Bo and Rachel Skarsten as Tamsin in episode 3x06 of Lost Girl.

© Showcase

Lost Girl, the sexy supernatural series airing on Showcase in Canada and on Syfy in the U.S., has received a joint renewal from both networks for a fourth season in the wake of boffo ratings in both countries.

The new season will be 13 episodes and production will begin in the next few weeks and the episodes will probably appear late in 2013 on Showcase and sometime early in 2014 on Syfy.

Lost Girl has in some ways been getting progressively more adventurous, particularly as the battles ending season 2 opened up a new range of players and alliances in the world of the fae, and its confidence has grown as its fan-base has expanded and solidified internationally. The joint announcement is a sign of its success--last year Syfy's agreement to air season 3 came several months after Showcase's renewal.

No word on the precise plot content of season 4, but its producers promise new perils in the next run. "Bo's world is going to be turned upside down," executive producer Jay Firestone of Prodigy Pictures assured fans. "Her beliefs will be challenged and her allegiances will be questioned. Fans can look forward to a roller coaster ride."

Prodigy's partner, Shaw Media, is sounding excited as well. "Lost Girl remains an anchor series for Showcase, and with its sharp writing and palpable cast chemistry, it has amassed a fan following second-to-none," said Shaw's honcho for content, Barbara Williams. "We are delighted to bring fans another season of the series and can't wait to see where the creative team takes the story next."

Season 3 of Lost Girl is currently in progress on Syfy, averaging 676,000 among adults 18-49 and 1.3 million total viewers, winning its Monday night time slot among original cable dramas. In Canada, Lost Girl was Showcases's number-one program in both seasons 1 and 2 and as season 3 unfolds it remains the "number one specialty program" in its Sunday time slot among adults 25-54 and 18-49.

The Syfy season finale is slated for April 22.
Tags: Lost Girl, Syfy, Showcase
Follow me on Twitter  |  Follow me on Facebook

Comments

March 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm
(1) Jade says:

Love this series! So I was more than happy to read that Lost Girl, will have a 4th season. Yahoo!!!!

March 13, 2013 at 12:57 am
(2) shirley says:

Sooooo happy that Lost Girl is being renewed!!!!

March 19, 2013 at 11:24 am
(3) Soberri says:

This by far is my favorite show! Love Love Love the cast! Please bring back Ryan and Vex! I really think this show can last for many seasons to come. Maybe a wolf cub in the future?

March 20, 2013 at 1:12 pm
(4) monieet says:

Love the show. Finally, a network makes the right decision and keeps a show on the air that people watch. TNT should have done this with Leverage. Looking forward to Lost Girl season 4.

March 21, 2013 at 12:16 am
(5) Danielle says:

So happy to here there will be a season 4 I can’t wait:D

\

March 26, 2013 at 5:56 pm
(6) Kira says:

Joyous for Season 4. Hope Dyson and Bo give into their love of each other.

April 1, 2013 at 12:12 pm
(7) B says:

PLEASE KEEP RACHEL SAKRSTEN AKA AS TAMSIN FOR SEASON 4
I REALLY LOVE HER AND HER CHARACTER TAMSIN

April 1, 2013 at 10:13 pm
(8) merlin says:

i have been watching the show ever since it came to the united states and i am so glad it will be renewed for a new season in the united satates and i can not wait to see what happens in the fourth season.

April 10, 2013 at 1:39 pm
(9) LODIRT says:

DID ANY ONE HEAR ABOUT THE SEASON 3 FINALE :(
I ALMOST CRIED WHEN I FOUND OUT!

April 15, 2013 at 12:55 am
(10) Lely says:

Please keep Tamsin for season 4 please!!! I hope she becomes more like a main character we still have so much to learn from her!

April 15, 2013 at 3:35 pm
(11) rielle says:

I would’ve been beyond unhappy if this show wasn’t renewed. In fact I might have caused a riot in my fury, especially with that damned cliff hanger at the end of season 3 like wth sob arggghhhhh. But the writers are awesome the actors and actresses are awesome all the staff is awesome down to the janitors I absolutely loce this show, it’s like my new xena <3

April 16, 2013 at 12:38 pm
(12) Shauna says:

LOVE THIS SHOW~ I Dont think there is ANYthing ELSE Like it!!?!? If So let me knw!

April 16, 2013 at 3:22 pm
(13) Lost girl viewer says:

Tamsin character is a must in season 4. Love her!

April 16, 2013 at 10:26 pm
(14) Carlyn says:

Instantly my favorite tv show after the very first episode! SO creative and fun to watch. Totally rooting for Dyson too, so sexy with Bo it’s crazy! I’m so excited for Season 4!!!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm
(15) Vladi says:

Love it, can t wait to see more series

April 17, 2013 at 5:17 pm
(16) l says:

I want Tamsin and Bo!

April 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm
(17) Vanessa says:

I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 4 I WANT TAMSIN TO BE IN SEASON 4 AND HOPEFULLY AS BO”S GIRLFRIEND

April 19, 2013 at 7:44 am
(18) SHANNON says:

Tamsin and Bo need to get together next season. Their chemistry is so amazing and believable!

April 19, 2013 at 4:44 pm
(19) Analgin says:

Love the show. love to see Bo and Dyson in love again. Tamsin is great….looking forward to see new faces….. but the Wolf and Bo …. pleeeease do not spoil that! GREAT SHOW:)

April 20, 2013 at 3:40 am
(20) Adarian Bergheger says:

i am so luving this show. it is the best show that i have seen in such a long time. i hope Bo and Dyson do get back together and i hope she ends up with a little bo cub..lol i was extremely
excited that they have renewed for another season. and i luv the fact that in the end tamsin became the good guy. i sure do hope to see how the writers do the fourth season, i can imagine that it is gonna be adventures and we are gonna learn more bout bo’s heritage.i do hope kenzi and hail get together in the next season. thanks again for the renewal and i am gonna be counting the days till the season 4 comes out….luv luv luv the show

April 20, 2013 at 7:26 am
(21) Sara says:

Team Lauren

April 21, 2013 at 9:39 am
(22) darling dia says:

Blah Lauren she’s a done phase. No and dyson with tams in as well maybe, a succubus needs both probly . Hale and kenzie please and there should be a way to make her fae. Sooooooo excited for the finale and season 4 can’t come fast enough.

April 22, 2013 at 6:51 am
(23) leah says:

loved season 3. Can’t wait for season 4. I’m really happy dyson finelly confessed his love for bo during her dawning. I hope they have get back together and have adorable cubs. To be honset I really didn’t like lauren so hopfuly bo can stop kidding herself and follow who her heart truly and I’m happy her mother is back to I think . And I would really love to see kenz as a faye that would be awesome

April 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm
(24) mister slick says:

congratulations sfi,what a series this has become.at the beginning i didn’t think it would last. a big thanks to all the fans out there.

April 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm
(25) Kirk says:

Love this show! Never cancel it! I’m afraid if you keep canceling the shows I love! I’m going to have to quit watching syfy! Stargate Atlantis, Eurika , Alphas! I don’t know how much longer I can stick with you! As long as you keep Lost Girl, I will continue to watch, and warehouse 13, lose any of them and I’m done!

April 23, 2013 at 4:53 pm
(26) cade says:

I LOVE the Lost Girl Series..
The Story line just never fails to delight and it always has an unexpected twist to it.
I hope this Show stays on for a long time

April 23, 2013 at 9:49 pm
(27) Kc says:

Lauren and Bo please!!!

April 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm
(28) Beatrice J. Chavez says:

I love this show. Dont let Dyson die! Bo and Dyson need to get back together and have a future! The season ended too soon. The last episode was a NAIL BITER! The writer is terrific!!!!

April 27, 2013 at 2:05 am
(29) Darice says:

Hard to admit but I’m hooked. Can’t wait for season 4

April 28, 2013 at 2:00 am
(30) Dot says:

Season 4 should make Tamsin a main character. I’m fine with Bo and Tamsin together, but I’m team Lauren all the way!!!

May 1, 2013 at 3:52 pm
(31) Ray says:

I loved Season 3!!!!

I think it wold be great fun if Season 4 opens twenty five years
after the end of season three.

Dyson: Is running Majestry Kirra left it to him in her will.

Vex: Is the leader of the dark Fae.

Hale: Is running most of Clan Zimoras Business.

Trick: Has married Stella ,and have a son and Daughter . They live in Canida.

Kenzy: She is now Fae . She Is the head if Kitsu Investigations ,and has the dark and light working for her.

Bo : Will return to a new world . She is now all powerfull.

May 4, 2013 at 11:47 am
(32) Natalie says:

I love this show so much! i’m glad there’s going to be a season 4, and hopefully a 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. its too good, and Hale should deffinately come back because Kenzi and him love each other.. don’t take any casts out! Also, when the heck is Bo and Dyson going to get back together? i have nothing against same sex relatonships but dyson is a hot wolf, he has perfect chemistry with Bo.. they should be together and have awesome sex like they had in the beghining lol. just saying. And Kenzi should become a Fae, when she got splashed with that goo on her arm; there wasn’t much explanation on what was going to happen to her.. She should deff turn Fae..

May 5, 2013 at 10:15 pm
(33) Marcella says:

Omg I hope this will never stop just like Bo I say “that was great.”💝🎊🎇🎆📱☎💿📀📼📹📷🎅👻🎍💝😁😳😄😃😀😊☺😉😍😘😚😗😙😜😝😛😳😁😔😌😒😞😣😢😂😭😪😥😰😅😓😩😫😨😱😠😡😤😖😆😋😷😎😴😵😲😟😦😧😈👿😮😬😐😕😯😶😇😏😑👲👳👮👷💂👶👦👧👨👩👴👵👱👼👸😺😸😻😽😼🙀😿😹👹😾👺🙈🙉🙊💀👽💩poop🌟✨✨🔥👑👙💞💖🎀💕💘💞💙💜💛💚❤💔💗💓💎💍💋💌👤

May 5, 2013 at 10:17 pm
(34) Marcella says:

Buttsssssssssssssssss

May 8, 2013 at 9:36 am
(35) Marc says:

Awesome series!!! Super excited for a 4th season!!!! Way to go Lost Girl!!!! KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!!!!

May 8, 2013 at 1:35 pm
(36) cindy says:

bo and lauren should get back together

May 9, 2013 at 12:49 pm
(37) Georgina says:

I realy love this serie!!! Happy to see that there will be a new season!!

May 10, 2013 at 9:07 am
(38) creisher says:

awesome!!!!i’m going to wait for the season four!!!!!

May 10, 2013 at 10:48 am
(39) sherry says:

i love ur show. its the best show i have ever seen .please don’t stop making them .and i hope bow and Dyson get back to gather. they make a cute couple .and i hope to see the same people that was in season 3 .love u guys .keep up the good work ; ]

May 11, 2013 at 7:32 am
(40) CARA says:

tamsin-bo-lauren for season 4 please!….but no to dyson for bo

May 17, 2013 at 12:40 am
(41) jb says:

Thinking that it’s Lauren’s last undercover job for the Ash and the Faes (in exchange of her freedom) and she’ll be gone without saying goodbye to Bo. BUT comes a plague that not even Fae docs can ‘solve’…so the gang would go find her and bring her back. Because theres noone like Dr Lauren Lewis! We’ll give Tamsin and Dyson their time w Bo BUT theyre history once Bo’s real love comes back. Cmon, its huge fanbase is made up of DOCCUBUS supporters!

May 17, 2013 at 11:52 pm
(42) cdvvf says:

If they arent careful S4 will be the last, season 3 was seriously a terribly written season. Nothing but contrived drama, not the natural drama that would exist in the story on its own. Still stuck on the triangle seriously hire writers who arent homophobic and will actually put effort into writing Lauren at least half decently. Turning LG into all about Tamsin is crap, its Bos show about her navigation in the fae world not the story of a really old pathetic character who like Dyson thinks Bo is the greatest thing ever. Speaking of Dyson he needs to be cut down or at least have consequences for all his lying. Its hard to watch a show that is supposed to be about female empowerment and have all the female characters portrayed as weak to keep the male characters relevant. Get Bo & Lauren back together, give Dyson a new love and call it good, the Dyson fans only care about Dyson not wearing a shirt it has nothing to do with the woman he is with

May 21, 2013 at 3:42 am
(43) PsYkNiGhT says:

Wow what can i say about the show and BO that ‘s not already been said here over and over again ,They both kick BUTT.I came across the show by accident…(LUCK) online while searching for LOST since missed a lot of the episodes of that….and is no longer broadcasting on
Indian Television. When i decided to see episode 1 of season 1 the series was on their 4th episode…dint wait a day longer to catch up to the 4th episode and have been hooked ever since and would like to thank SIFY for the kick-ass show they have created. Just I Fans request if possible to Air the show on one of the English channel broadcasters in INDIA. It could be possible that most Indians do not watch English channels but it does not mean the few who watch should be deprived
of good entertainmnent

May 23, 2013 at 3:06 pm
(44) DARK ANGEL says:

LOVE LOST GIRL! MY FAV CHARACTERS BESIDES BO OF COURSE: KENZI, DYSON, HALE, TRICK!! CAN’T WAIT FOR SEASON 4!!

May 29, 2013 at 8:17 pm
(45) CECE says:

I’m IN LOVE with this show & I can’t watt for season 4 to start. After season 3′s worldwind of an ending (my face was glued to the t.v thru all seasons), I am dying to know what’s in store for everyone especially Bo & Dyson.

June 3, 2013 at 6:23 pm
(46) Raven says:

I’ve enjoyed this from the beginning…I think Anna Silk and KSenia Solo are wonderful – actually, all the cast is wonderful. I particularly love the Bo/Dyson love match, not so keen on Bo/Lauren, not because same sex, but just don’t think the chemistry is good…nothing like with Dyson. I would love to see them get back together. Also, how about Kenzy and Hale? They’re a good match. And would love to have more of Trick’s back story, and maybe even others’ back stories. And bring back Vex, please, but make him a good guy….I know that he is, deep down…

June 8, 2013 at 1:05 am
(47) everybody says:

Screw Lauren, she’s done. Kenzi is being an idiot. Bo really needs to be more kick ass and use her new SUPER succubus powers because she could have kicked ass. This is a FREAKY good show and so HOT!!!

June 18, 2013 at 9:22 pm
(48) Yennit says:

Awesome tv show my favorite … I couldn’t stop watching it , I hate having to wait til next show come around , please put season 4 on tv already
I can’t wait …
I love Kezi she is so funny and tamsi I like it too

June 28, 2013 at 11:30 am
(49) Lee1stBoarn says:

Need to explore the Hale and Kenzi angle. Need Lauren to be fae for a day. Explore Kenzi’s back story. Love the show and the twists and turns.

June 30, 2013 at 9:26 pm
(50) Cole says:

There should be until the 5th season because every episode of each season is worth to see. It should’ve been better if ever season has the same number of episodes like more that 20. Actors and the crazy are definitely great!!! They should have more shows. Love Anna Silk