1. Entertainment

Terra Nova Canceled; But Is There Hope?

By March 12, 2012

Star Stephen Lang lambasted Fox for being

Star Stephen Lang lambasted Fox for being "myopic."

© Brook Rushton/FOX

Go to Article
There won't be a season 2 of Terra Nova on Fox: entertainment chief Kevin Reilly has decided the expensive and troublesome show doesn't work for them, despite decent (if declining) ratings.

But that doesn't mean that Terra Nova is dead: There's word this week that Netflix, the rescuer of Arrested Development, is in serious talks to pick up Terra Nova. Can they make it work? Read more...
Tags: Terra Nova, Fox Network, Netflix, Jason O'Mara, Stephen Lang
Follow me on Twitter  |  Follow me on Facebook

Comments

March 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm
(1) starrpoint says:

Sad but not surprising.

The story line had devolved into soap opera.

March 13, 2012 at 1:01 am
(2) Lakestarr says:

Hate that the networks cancel shows w/o really giving them a chance, and canceling shows w/cliffhangers. Hope it gets picked up by N.F.

March 13, 2012 at 9:16 pm
(3) Robert says:

A big shame for terra nova I really hope Netflix takes it on I really love that show

March 14, 2012 at 5:50 pm
(4) Kevin says:

I would actually pay for a monthly Netflix sub if they were to pickup Terra Nova !

April 5, 2012 at 4:52 am
(5) Ken says:

Terra Nova is ONE OF THE BEST SHOW EVER.!!!!

April 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm
(6) Mike says:

What kind of budget would Netflix even be able to offer though?? Terra Nova needs a big budget to be remotely believable.

April 8, 2012 at 1:47 am
(7) Jim says:

Netflix would not have to bear the entire production costs…Fox would still own the show and DVD rights. Netflix would just be paying in line with what every other network does for a first run showing. So, cost high..yes. Astronomical…no.

April 17, 2012 at 6:20 pm
(8) Steve says:

I heard Netflix opted not to pick up the show. I actually signed up for a Netflix account…and cancelled it. Oh well. That was the one, major network show in which I was interested.
It would be nice to see more ‘reality’ TV instead of quality shows such as TN.

April 27, 2012 at 10:06 pm
(9) chad says:

What’s happened to TV now days?
If it’s not some reality show of who’s screwing who, or a pawn shop trying to explain to you what a bunch of crap is worth, it can no longer be on television?

Terra Nova was a great show and some people still watch TV just to entertained.

May 1, 2012 at 8:28 pm
(10) Queenbee says:

I loved the show–it was the only show on these days that my husband and I could agree on to watch together.

May 12, 2012 at 7:07 am
(11) Madmark says:

Just STOP watching FOX any more. Or wait to see if there is a season two before you start watching it. They have canceled so many good show. Firefly, Terra Nova, Space above and beyond… and to many to put down. FOX you really SUCK!

June 3, 2012 at 3:16 am
(12) Nikolaj says:

Why do they always cancel the good shows. DAMM

October 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm
(13) Agoldenheart says:

I love this show. I hope Netflix picks it up!!

March 20, 2013 at 12:22 am
(14) Elijah Knox says:

Terra Nova is an awesome TV series! I have been waiting a long time since season 1 ended for season 2 to start! Plz bring Terra Nova back! It’s going to get really awesome in season 2 and the ratings are going to sky rocket up! A lot of my friends watch it and are hoping you will bring it back!