1. Entertainment

Will Terra Nova Be Renewed?

By December 12, 2011

Jim (Jason O'Mara) is on guard in the two-hour (I)Terra Nova(/i) season finale,

Jim (Jason O'Mara) is on guard in the two-hour Terra Nova season finale, "Occupation/Resistance," airing Monday, Dec. 19 on Fox.

©†Brook Rushton/FOX

Viewers have been wondering about the fate of the characters and the show, but Fox has deferred a decision on its extremely expensive, high-profile sci-fi drama Terra Nova until at least next month.

Star Jason O'Mara tweeted the update last week: "Decision to pick up #TerraNova for S2 deferred to New Year by @FOXBroadcasting. Everyone involved remains confident and optimistic."

The last episode of its 13-episode freshman run airs Dec. 19, after which Fox will assess the show's future. Its ratings--10 million overall per episode, and the number one new drama among male viewers--and early success in international sales will have to be set against the high cost of making each episode (the pilot alone cost $15 million, though various reports of the per-episode costs are disputed) and the long lead-time required for post-production.

Fox is also reportedly concerned that Terra Nova hasn't garnered the family audience it had been aiming for, and its ratings among adults 18-49--between 3 and 4 million with DVR watching included--are not huge for a high-cost, top-of-the-line major broadcast network series.

The decision may be delayed further, if Fox wants to see what happens with its other risky, high-profile dramas premiering in the spring, Alcatraz and Touch. If those two do less well than expected, Fox might need Terra Nova to bulk up its roster of dramas for the 2012 fall season.
Tags: Terra Nova, Jason O'Mara
Follow me on Twitter††|††Follow me on Facebook

Comments

December 12, 2011 at 11:51 am
(1) Robert says:

I hope they renew it. This is the only show my family looks forward to watching. We aren’t big TV watchers but we always make an exception for this show.

December 12, 2011 at 6:12 pm
(2) brad hailey says:

Only show I’ve liked since LOST. My 12 year old son and I don’t miss an episode. Hope it last!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 12, 2011 at 7:57 pm
(3) Russ says:

This is 1 of only 2 shows our entire family sits down to watch each week.

Without Bones and Terra Nova, netflix would be the only thing on our television.

December 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm
(4) Chuck says:

I thoroughly enjoy this show. I hope they renew it. I look forward to this show every Monday. They could even cut down on the production. Id gladly give up some of that scenic value to keep the show going. I like the plot. The scenery. Everything. Come on Fox let this show run

December 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm
(5) Haji says:

Fox, don’t screw this one up like you did cancelling Firefly.

December 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm
(6) kim says:

I think they should cut the cost and keep it going. The writing is just now reaching its stride. I think it should be greenlighted again. Interesting concept and great visuals.

December 12, 2011 at 9:08 pm
(7) Todd says:

Tonight it called the next episode the finale. I quote, “See how it all ends.” Love the show, but if it gets a sweet ending, I’d much rather have that than something that drags on and on and ends with a lame ass ending like Lost did. I’m sure there’ll be something left open to continue possibilities if it is renewed, but if it isn’t and with a real conclusion, I feel like I at least got a good couple of months of good television out of it, and in the end, that’s what it’s all about.

December 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm
(8) josh says:

Monday night and a good TV show. Hope to see it next year. My boys and wife would be upset if it is cut.

December 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm
(9) Kennith says:

Every time Fox gets a good show they cancel it, I.e. Firefly. I give up on Fox.

December 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm
(10) Candice says:

ahh i really hope they renew it. I love this show, haven’t missed an episode . If they cancel this i will be extremely disappointed !!! :(

December 12, 2011 at 9:11 pm
(11) jen says:

My teenage sons and I look forward to watching this show together every week, and we’ll all be sorry if there isn’t a Season 2 !!!!

December 12, 2011 at 9:14 pm
(12) Kathy says:

Great show! We watch it every Monday evening.

December 12, 2011 at 9:19 pm
(13) Tom says:

I love this show. I am picky about what I watch because creative, quality shows get canceled so easily these days, while those mindless un-reality shows go on and on. I am anxious to hear that Tera Nova gets a season 2.

December 12, 2011 at 9:35 pm
(14) Chuck says:

I love this show, too. My wife and I sit down and watch it every week. I hope it gets renewed – been loving the episode arc here and would love to see what they do with a second season.

December 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm
(15) Mike - Ft. Leavenworth, KS says:

WOW I cannot believe Fox would consider not renewing this series – it is the best and most creative thing I have seen on TV for a long time. My family and I never miss it. Fox here is hoping you continue the show!

December 12, 2011 at 9:39 pm
(16) Chrissy says:

Terra Nova is a great show. All these stupid reality shows keep getting picked up. Pretty soon we wont have anything left to watch. It is a great family show it needs to stay on. But it did say see how it all ends. Which I question the long decision they are holding out on.

December 12, 2011 at 9:58 pm
(17) rob says:

I hate to tell yall. If history repeats itself this show wont be back. Ask the fire fly fans. Me.
Any time FOX has a desent show and it doesnt get the ratings they want they pull the plug.
So be prepared for them to cancel it.

December 12, 2011 at 10:09 pm
(18) Monica says:

When Fox gets good programs like Terra Nova, they cancel them before the show can get a following. They keep the crap and put on new crap. This stinks if Fox cancels the show. They have the foresight of a spoiled five year old. Maybe they should get rid of some of their management and get people with common sense. It took us time to get used to the characters and now that we have……… Goodbye (?) to a really good show.

December 12, 2011 at 10:09 pm
(19) Jagera says:

Terra Nova had me hooked just from commercials before it started! I look forward to watching it every week and it would be a huge error on the part of FOX if they fail to renew it. Such a welcome breath of fresh air away from all the lame law and order type shows on! Terra Nova is a very entertaining show for any age!

December 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm
(20) David says:

Keep Terra Nova going!!!

December 12, 2011 at 10:26 pm
(21) S. Hall says:

I really hope Fox does not cancel this show. My husband and I and our 10 year-old son have not missed a single episode. We have watched all, but one episode live. We love watching this show together. I know several of his classmates watch it too. They discuss the show every Tuesday. I really think the networks need to rethink the Nielsens- it is an extremely outdated and inaccurate system.

December 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm
(22) chas says:

I’m a Terra Nova fan. The show has progressively gotten better and has the potential to be one of the all time greats in sci-fi television history. I look forward to each show with great anticipation. The concept is original and each character’s story has yet to unfold. Each episode is visually pleasing and the writing is finally catching up with the visuals. I hope Terra Nova is renewed. But I won’t hold my breath. If Fox hasn’t renewed the show by now the chances of it being renewed are slim to none. However, I do think Fox will be making a tragic mistake if the show isn’t renewed. I along with the other fans of Terra Nova and Firefly will never trust Fox with a sci-fi series again.

December 12, 2011 at 11:17 pm
(23) Steve Jobs says:

I love this show and everything about it. My only concern is that they will need to come up with another plot for the new season which needs to be just as good as the first. My best guess is that there will be something even bigger than Lucas’ employers running everything. Just speculation but i can se it coming up.

December 12, 2011 at 11:32 pm
(24) Mark says:

Terra Nova is a great show that I cant wait to see on Monday ! Let the DVR catch any thing else I like but I gotta see this one right when it aires !

December 12, 2011 at 11:35 pm
(25) Carlos says:

Anyway we can send these comments directly to the brass at Fox/What a great show.Please don’t cancel it.

December 12, 2011 at 11:47 pm
(26) John says:

This is the only show on fox worth watching. Its the best show fox has had since Married with Children.

December 13, 2011 at 12:09 am
(27) Evan says:

I really hope fox doesnt cancel this show. the media network is running out of shows and movies to make, and all that is put on are things like yet another mission impossible and horrid tv shows that catch not a single eye. Terra Nova since the first commercial has made each of my weeks not revolve around the weekend, but monday instead. cancelling this show would result in a tv getting thrown out my back window…

December 13, 2011 at 12:35 am
(28) James says:

Outside of family guy and american dad on sundays I have really cared for a show on fox since lost. Before that x-files before that got bad. I hope they renew this if not I guess its back to watching anything but fox again.

December 13, 2011 at 12:37 am
(29) Pam says:

I was at the Terra Nova panel at Comic-con. After seeing the first hour of the two hour season opener I could hardly wait for the season to start. I got two men in their late 30′s to watch it just by telling them about it. I also know another man in his early 40′s and a woman in her mid 40′s that also watch it. I also got my online friend in his late 50′s in NY to watch it. Both his sons watch it with him. I turned 65 last month (I am a woman). I never miss Terra Nova and every one I got watching it never miss it either. It’s a good show and it would be a shame if Fox doesn’t renew it for a season 2.

December 13, 2011 at 1:02 am
(30) Harsh says:

This show is awesome! Everyone I know watches it! Fox has to renew it for another season, we can’t just leave the Shannon family and the fate of Terra Nova hanging in the balance!!

December 13, 2011 at 1:52 am
(31) Dee says:

I love this show and I really hope it gets a second season!!

December 13, 2011 at 1:55 am
(32) Mike says:

If FOX doesn’t renew this show then I will never and I mean NEVER ever watch another FOX show again, because they have had a habit to cancelling good TV shows in the past such as Stargate SG1, Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and a few other shows. If all FOX is good for by getting our attention with good new shows and then killing them then I don’t want to have anything else to do with FOX, for one they have killed off many good shows before they had to and all because they want to promote some cheap reality show instead of some comedy that winds up bombing. The execs at FOX wouldn’t know a good show if it hit them in the face, wait, several shows have hit them in the face, even Terra Nova. If FOX cans this show too, then it is offical that FOX is a bunch of retards and promotes shows for retards.

December 13, 2011 at 2:01 am
(33) Mike says:

I have to repost my last post, had a typo in it and would give the wrong idea to others.

If FOX doesnít renew this show then I will never and I mean NEVER ever watch another FOX show again, because they have had a habit to cancelling good TV shows in the past such as Stargate SG1, Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and a few other shows. If all FOX is good for by getting our attention with good new shows and then killing them then I donít want to have anything else to do with FOX, for one they have killed off many good shows before they had to and all because they want to promote some cheap reality show instead, or some comedy that winds up bombing. The execs at FOX wouldnít know a good show if it hit them in the face, wait, several shows have hit them in the face, even Terra Nova. If FOX cans this show too, then it is offical that FOX is a bunch of retards and promotes shows for retards. Forest Gump said it all: Stupid is as Stupid Does…

December 13, 2011 at 2:15 am
(34) matt says:

This is one of the only shows that me and my wife both love. KEEP IT!!!!

December 13, 2011 at 5:34 am
(35) jesse says:

i love this show i have watched every episode too date, i will also be buying the shows on bluray or dvd if they are realesed, but fox please do not cancel this show please!

December 13, 2011 at 7:31 am
(36) jeronimojackson says:

I watch this program every week. The weakest part of the show is the family.

If the program is not appealing to enough families, why not focus on attracting adults, like the millions of Lost fans? The fantastic setting of the Gold Coast where they film reminds me of the Island in Lost.

Why not focus on and develop the adult characters and their stories, including the Sixers, and the properties of this pre-historic earth? Make use of what is unique about the program. Build great story lines.

December 13, 2011 at 8:11 am
(37) Al says:

Boy, I hope this gets renewed. But then again, if it is interesting, well acted, and has an interesting storyline, chances are the morons in charge will cancel it. They can then produce more cheap “reality” garbage that more morons will flock to. I am sick of the networks, sick of television in general with it’s stupid, never-ending reality show GARBAGE.

December 13, 2011 at 9:42 am
(38) Dejavuu says:

I know the watchers in Australia don’t make up for too much of your ratings but, as another comment put it, cut down your costs and your stupid CGI crap, keep the storyline running the way it’s headed and just talk about dinosaurs, couldn’t care less if I never saw another. My family and I have watched every episode and can’t wait for the next, my daughters, 17 and 19 look forward to sitting down and watching it every week and every week it’s, ‘dad, have they renewed S2?’,You stop this show and we’ll stop watching anything that gives ratings on FOX, you have my promise.We don’t need any more memories, just something to live with.Get rid of some overheads and do your job, ENTERTAIN!

December 13, 2011 at 10:51 am
(39) igneous71 says:

I agree, this is one of the best (or is the best) shows on network tv. Fox has a long history of cancelling shows that have great potential to be a major money maker for them while entertaining a vast variety of people. Hopefully they don’t make the same mistake yet another time!

December 13, 2011 at 11:27 am
(40) Naomi says:

I truly hope that FOX does not cancel Terra Nova. If there is any connection to the likelihood of Terra Nova’s renewal being tied to the failure of Alcatraz and/or Touch, I think that is just crazy. Being concerned about having three successful dramas, and therefore axing one or more of them? Seriously?

The characters on Terra Nova are finally beginning to flesh out. Until recently, I only liked the police officer, and his oldest daughter. Taylor and Mira annoyed me. The rest of the cast was background noise. Now, in recent episodes, there’s been a chance to learn more about Taylor and Mira — their motivations, and backgrounds — allowing them to become more three dimensional. Those two still are not my favorite characters, however, now I think they are interesting characters. There were some missteps, initially. The son’s bratty behavior in the premiere episode. The potential police officer – doctor – scientist love triangle — ugh, what were they thinking? I think the show was good from the beginning, and it is getting better and better with each episode.

I don’t want the show canceled. I hate having to wait until after New Year’s to find out whether or not there will be another season of Terra Nova.

December 13, 2011 at 11:59 am
(41) Barbara says:

I have only seen one episode, which happen to have been while I was away for the weekend. Love it, but not happy that FOX is not with TW anymore. Just have to wait and see it there is another season, and please don’t drop, love SCI-FI, I too was not happy when you drop Firefly.

December 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm
(42) Greg G says:

I am getting SICK AND TIRED of investing all my time in network shows, especially those on FOX just to have them canceled abruptly or not renewed… The very LEAST a network can do is have a FINAL SHOW put together, to tie-up all those loose plot ends for viewers… I mean, we enjoy the shows, we watch the ads (which have grown in length and frequency, I might add), just to have the carpet pulled out from under us with a cancellation. If you want loyal network viewers, DO SOMETHING FOR US for a change… order a final “movie wrap” !!!

December 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm
(43) whitmore_baggs says:

This show is awful and I hope the ice age hits soon. How stupid could they be to go back to before the planet was practically restarted by the ice age? Not to mention the cast looks like a catalog for white people clothes. Dinosaurs? Really? Good grief!

December 13, 2011 at 8:38 pm
(44) Lorraine says:

Our family loves this show. We watch it together and look forward to Monday nights.. we hope it gets renewed!

December 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm
(45) eydie says:

please don’t cancel this show. i love jason o’mara. i was mourning “life on mars” and then terra nova came along. he looks like mel gibson when he was young and his crazy had not come to light. i love this show! i don’t understand the obsession with sit coms. is it that most people aren’t smart enough to understand anything but stupid sexual references? intelligent people deserve tv shows, too.

December 14, 2011 at 12:58 am
(46) D. Bee says:

Too bad if Terra Nova is cancencelled. So tired of shows just disappearing. Fox said it failed to reach the projected age group, up to 49. Funny, I’m 70 and never miss an episode. I have purchasing power which sponsors want. My generation were some of the first to bee Sy-Fi groupies.

December 14, 2011 at 4:13 am
(47) Michael Fitzgerald says:

I love this show! I hope they renew it! Only thing me and my dad look forward to watch together! I love the show and hope it carries on! I want more!

December 14, 2011 at 4:23 am
(48) Derek Childs says:

I love Terra Nova. I hope they renew it. It is visually stunning with a great plot. Fox really messed up when they cancelled Firefly lets up the correct the mistake and keep this awesome show going.

December 14, 2011 at 12:46 pm
(49) PEG ALLEN says:

I LOVE TERRA-NOVA. YOU ATRE TRYING TO CORNER THE WRONG AGE GROUP. IAM 70 AND I KNOW OF AT LEAST 7 OTHER PEOPLE OV ER 55 THAT LOVE THE SHOW. IT IS TOO DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE YOUNG ONES. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE SHOW. IT IS THE BEST REFRESHING SHOW IN YEARS.

December 14, 2011 at 1:23 pm
(50) steve says:

The graphics stink and the CGI is infantile

December 14, 2011 at 2:31 pm
(51) Alli says:

I hope it’s renewed. Me and my 9 year old son love the show. Damn be Hell, with the male demographic. It’s a show for all.

December 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm
(52) Lalea says:

With all of the Dec. 21, 2012 theories this gives some hope of regeneration of earth. I have enjoyed SyFy from my youth to date (birth year 1948) and have seen much of SyFy become reality. Terra Nova is an exceptional program and hope it will not be cut and replaced with another, “so called reality show”. Terra Nova is a one of a kind family entertainment. We have four generatations in our household and ALL watch.

December 14, 2011 at 7:25 pm
(53) sal strelecki says:

Please keep this show. It’s a bold step to restore the family in family prime time television. My whole family stops and comes together to watch this show. Give it it’s due and grant it a full season to reinstate in the conscience of people as to what true quality family viewing is. Don’t let it be said years later that it was ahead of it’s time. I hate that phrase.

December 14, 2011 at 8:16 pm
(54) Steve says:

FOX…Some shows take time to build an audience. Maybe you should stand behind this product because it IS as awesome as you wanted it to be. And since when does an epic Steven Spielberg production fail? Look beyond immediate ratings and word of mouth from a dedicated audience may help this show grow bigger than the dinosaurs!

December 14, 2011 at 8:17 pm
(55) Bill says:

I really don’t understand why there aren’t more women/girls watching it. I watched the first episode and all 3 of my girls came in and started watching with me at different points and they have all been hooked on the show since then and together we have watched every one. If fox gives this show an opportunity to grow I think they will get the family audience they are looking for.

December 14, 2011 at 10:04 pm
(56) Phil says:

This is the only show that my 12 year old and i sit down to watch. It is a clean show with a good plot for the whole family to get into. Please don’t take that away from us Fox. I am sick of every network out there only renewing a show if it meets their viewer expectations. What executives don’t understand is that they cause trust issues when they pull shows. Just look at NBC. No one wants to invest their time in a series when it gets pulled on a whim. If you don’t give it time and keep switching programming, you will never retain an audience for new programming.

December 14, 2011 at 10:05 pm
(57) Phil says:

December 15, 2011 at 8:02 am
(58) olaf says:

This show had a few lame episodes and the family-drama-angle was annoying in parts, but this was only because this show wasn’t giving me of the other stuff I expected. This has changed however and now i even value the family-angle stuff. There is a good balance in storytelling now and one really gets a sense what this show will be able to accomplish and that’s a lot.
Terra Nova isn’t an extraordinarily complex show without being as dumb as Star Trek Voyager was (and Fringe is already on it’s way to becoming)

December 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm
(59) Fan says:

I LOVE Terra Nova. But, it sounds like this show has not hit its intended family audience, but hit the 18-49 demographic (I am 45).

If this is the case, then perhaps the studio can make this show even rawer and edgier (Are those words?). This might solidify its base.

Stargate went through the opposite problem. It was originally designed for 18-49 year olds. The first episode, on Showtime, even had female nudity!. However, this how got a little tamer once it realized it had a good family audience.

December 15, 2011 at 3:11 pm
(60) Cheryle Willis says:

This is my granddaughter and my favorite new show. Please leave it on fox.

December 15, 2011 at 3:11 pm
(61) Cheryle Willis says:

This is my granddaughter and my favorite new show. Please leave it on fox.

December 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm
(62) Scott says:

I’m enjoying the show, but I can’t help but think that the reason it fell short in the beginning was because it was too family-oriented. Because of that, it lost a lot of us. I actually quit watching it after the 3rd episode because it seemed more like a ride at Disney World than a real sci-fi adventure. I know a lot of others who gave up on it at that point as well. That said, the last 2 episodes or so have been pretty good. Hope they keep it for a 2nd.

December 17, 2011 at 12:06 pm
(63) Bidon says:

Would be quite unhappy if Terra Nova is cancelled. We look forward to every episode and can’t wait to see where they take us on the season 1 finale. The stories keep my family watching!!!

December 18, 2011 at 12:11 am
(64) Sointenze says:

The show is definitely awesome and imaginative. No doubt it’s expensive to put together but very entertaining.

December 18, 2011 at 7:10 pm
(65) Snow says:

My whole family loves this show! It’s great to have one we can actually watch together, and this includes a 12 year old boy, 2 teenage girls and mom and dad. I hope they stick with it.

December 19, 2011 at 8:54 pm
(66) alvin says:

Come on fox, better renew Terra nova … I’m still hurting since you canceled Lie to me, since then I have never recovered :(

December 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm
(67) Anita says:

Tera Nova is absolutely the best show on TV right now….. so tired of all of the reality shows. Great to have a high impact drama like Tera Nova on TV again. Hopefully Fox will realize how good this show is and renew it for next season.

December 19, 2011 at 10:02 pm
(68) Michelle says:

Cliffhanger! Can we say Bermuda Triangle!!! I loved the ending with the ship head. Incredible! Just means they aren’t really cut off from anywhere. Besides, the black chick Sixer, she has to go back and see her kid!

December 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm
(69) John Ramsden says:

The best show this year. Come on FOX, dig your heels in and bring ‘Terra Nova’ back in 2012. Great actors, terrific storyline and tremendous visuals. I have to know what happened to Lucas ? Where does the ship’s prow fit in ? Will the bridge be rebuilt ?

December 19, 2011 at 10:47 pm
(70) Ben says:

I LOVE this show, it is my favorite of all time,My dad and i never miss it, We never miss an episode, and we are greatly hoping it will come on for season two!! I love YOU TERRA NOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 19, 2011 at 11:06 pm
(71) jim says:

I hope they renew.It is the only tv show i watch.I gave up on tv years ago when they started spewing out reality tv crap.

December 20, 2011 at 12:28 am
(72) Beeg says:

I love this show! They couldn’t possibly have done a better job of combining all my interests in one show if they tried! It would definitely be a shame if it was cancelled. I’m feeling compelled to start a petition! :)

December 20, 2011 at 3:22 am
(73) Jim says:

This is the only show that my wife and I watch.
Nothing else on TV is anything worth watching.

RENEW IT!!

December 20, 2011 at 1:07 pm
(74) Jerry says:

PLEASE>>>>Keep it going!!!!!! My “ONLY” favorite show on TV these days!

December 21, 2011 at 3:34 pm
(75) jediadpttoo says:

Please do not cancel Terra Nova. It is the only show I watch every week.

December 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm
(76) PEG ALLEN says:

I HOPE THEY RE-NEW THIS SHOW. IT SHOULD BE MOVE TO A DIFFERENT DAY BECAUSE IT COMPETES WITH MONDAY NITE FOOTBALL. I DON’T WATCH FOOTBALL BUT TRY TAKING SPORTS AWAY FROM A SPORT FAN. GOOD LUCK. PLEASE BRING IT BACK ON.

December 21, 2011 at 6:24 pm
(77) Ali says:

I just watched the season finale, and I have to say I’ll be heartbroken if they don’t renew Terra Nova. I acknowledge that it’s cheesy, but it’s an intriguing plotline and concept that it executed fairly well. Overall, I love this show! Please renew it!!!!!!!

December 22, 2011 at 12:47 am
(78) Sylviam23 says:

LOVE Terra Nova!!! Fox would make a HUGE mistake of pterodactyl proportions if it decided to cancel. This is the most interesting and unique show in a looooooong time. I’d like to see the characters be developed a little more, but that can only be done if FOX BRINGS TERRA NOVA BACK!

December 22, 2011 at 12:51 am
(79) Sylviam23 says:

How can you not love a show with strong, caring, hot men!!! BRING TERRA NOVA BACK! I CAN’T SAY THIS ENOUGH!

December 22, 2011 at 9:51 am
(80) Dawn says:

This is one of two new shows that are truly family friendly and my kids 14 and 12 love this show. We all watch it every week and they get so upset if it doesn’t show a certain week – which happened frequently. Maybe that is why it had trouble with ratings.

December 22, 2011 at 10:12 pm
(81) JDH says:

Every time Fox gets a good show they cancel it, I.e. Firefly, Human Target, . I about ready to give up on Fox.

December 23, 2011 at 10:54 pm
(82) Katherine says:

I know it doesn’t matter, but my husband and I both love this show and have watched every episode. We really hope Fox will renew-tons of people will be very disappointed.

December 26, 2011 at 10:05 am
(83) David M says:

Come on Fox be a leader, keep Terra Nova on for a second season. We are so overloaded with stupid cheaply made relaity TV, we need a good show such as Terra nova. I hope your management has enough foresight to keep this show going.

December 26, 2011 at 5:55 pm
(84) Greg faulkner says:

cone on fox!! just keep it going even if it’s only for one more. that way you could end the right way. everyone I meet I tell them about it and they watch it and love it! why don’t you have some back bone and keep it going! would be very very sad to see it end like this.so I hope for all nova fns you keep it going. x

December 28, 2011 at 9:02 pm
(85) Michael says:

This was one of the few shows I watched on tv this year I just hope it comes back for a season 2. Please bring this show back most of whats on tv sucks but I looked forward to mondays night for terra nova

December 29, 2011 at 12:04 am
(86) Mr. T says:

Can it. This show is awful. It acts like e last 20 years of American change did not happen.

It is all about Macho white males being the heroes and the people of color are bad.

And don’t even talk to me about the prejudice against thinking people! All the male scientists are effeminate nerds, and the white army ages are heroes.

This show is a retread of the bad parts of the 1950s.

Deserves to be cancelled.

December 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm
(87) Sean says:

If they cancel it will show how stupid fox is they had it in the worst night and only 13 episodes NCis didn’t get highly ratings until season five so obviously Fox needs to learn how to run a company and take a chance this is a great show and could run for years if they give it a chance or a different night fox really need some help they have canceled some really great shows they need someone else running the company

December 29, 2011 at 9:33 pm
(88) matt says:

It’s a great show, renew it!

December 30, 2011 at 5:21 pm
(89) Kay says:

Terranova is my family’s favorite show not to mention my extended family it has something for all action romance adventure.How could you not love it?We are all praying for its renewal. Hopefully our fears will be calmed soon.

January 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm
(90) Cathy says:

They better keep this show….. It is the best thing on TV. A show the whole family can view and as we know there are not many of those! So please give us many more seasons to view.

January 3, 2012 at 8:30 am
(91) Robert says:

Terra nova is the best !!! :D

January 5, 2012 at 3:08 pm
(92) Charlotte says:

I truly hope that Terra Nova is renewed for Season 2 (and beyond). I’m trying to be optimistic, but as others have pointed out, FOX is notorious for axing the better shows, while keeping other shows that aren’t worth a second glance. Firefly, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Greg the Bunny, and several others I can’t even begin to name suffered at the hands of FOX execs, despite that people advocated to keep the shows going. It’s the reason I get less and less interested in shows on FOX; I get hooked, and find something I actually enjoy watching, and then it’s gone. I remember when they axed Greg the Bunny so they could keep instead Cedric the Entertainer’s show alive, citing that Greg the Bunny wasn’t family fare. Not only was it shown later in the evening, but Cedric’s show wasn’t exactly family fare either. Corporate TV politics. Hence why most of my TV watching things like Top Chef and Iron Chef; they’re the only real consistent, long-enduring shows.

January 5, 2012 at 4:32 pm
(93) girl99 says:

hope they don’t get cancelled i love this program so much!

January 6, 2012 at 10:59 pm
(94) Leah says:

There better be a 2nd season! I love this show! I could not wait for each episode! I love the characters, the plot, the dinos! They better make more, Foxx already took my Surface show away a few years back, I loved Nimrod and the plot, so ya will not be impressed if I they stop Terra Nova! They got so much going, with portal destroyed, the boat prow found, the phoenix army!

***I be over joyed to see more of this series!^^ I buy if on DVD in my area!

January 7, 2012 at 5:22 am
(95) Aphrodite says:

If this one gets cancelled too I’m so through with Fox. They keep up with the crap shows and cancel all the good ones. Wake up Fox there are a lot more people who like this kind of show over those stupid reality ones. That little girl made me tear up; she’s too adorable!
Tweak it so it’s not so costly and keep it going!
My boyfriend and I never miss an episode.

This one goes down and I’m sticking with CW shows.

January 8, 2012 at 8:24 am
(96) J. Wilson says:

There is certainly something wrong with FOX. They seem to cancel any good show that makes it into the top & ignore what people want to watch. The reality shows they put on is garbage. Put Terranova back on . A lot of people are getting tired of your cancelling good shows. Keep it up, and you will lose audiences completely. Jam.

January 8, 2012 at 9:11 am
(97) Robin says:

I hope they bring it back. It is a great show and I would be very upset if they don’t. I don’t understand why they have to always take away good shows and let the bad ones stay!!!!!

January 8, 2012 at 7:08 pm
(98) Linda says:

I hope it comes back also. Get rid of all those reality shows like the Bachelor and Jersey Shore which you cannot watch with your family.

January 8, 2012 at 7:55 pm
(99) K. Steele says:

I totally agree with J. Wilson’s comment (96) — DUMP THE GARBAGE reality shows and keep the good ones such as Terra Nova – looking like it could be better than LOST even.

January 9, 2012 at 12:54 am
(100) Julie says:

My kids and I looked forward to watching every episode. How many shows lately can you watch with your kids?

January 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm
(101) monica says:

I agree that it’s the best show since Lost. My whole family watches it. Really hope they renew!

January 11, 2012 at 11:02 pm
(102) Wayne says:

FOX THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!! you canceled Terminator,The Gates and Firefly. Terra Nova is a hit and a great show for the family…Leave it alone.

Signed,
Currently a Fox viewer.

January 14, 2012 at 7:38 am
(103) mike and susan rutherford says:

We love Terra Nova. Our whole family gets together for tv night to watch it. It seems like in the past few years many good shows have been cancelled like The Event, V, and The Gates. It makes you leafy of watching and becoming interested.

January 15, 2012 at 6:17 pm
(104) Mark says:

RENEW Terra Nova PLEASE!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!

January 17, 2012 at 8:22 pm
(105) Emilie - cincinnati says:

Please renew the show. It is the best sci fi in a long time.

January 19, 2012 at 1:08 am
(106) tom says:

My wife and i have really become fans of Terra Nova. Please keep it going!

January 22, 2012 at 11:19 am
(107) Luna7 says:

Are we watching the same show? This is one of the lamest programs on TV. The acting is horrible. Half of the , wait for it, 16 producers!!! are off of Star Trek and many of the plots are badly recycled Trek plots. There is absolutely no sense of wonder, awe or terror despite being in a prehistoric world with very deadly dinosaurs everywhere. The dinos only make an appearance if the plot demands it. People having picnics in the middle of a meadow with no concern for any type of dino trodding through. As for the family drama,the idiot son should have been banished after stealing the meds from the colony, Sky should have been banished for being the mole. No-one gets punished for the most severe crimes if they are part of the main cast. Suddenly, in the final episode, bullets are used to convey messages. There have been no projectile weapons, with the exception of an antique pistol, in any other episode. They are always using sonics. Logic does not exist in this series. This is the main reason the ratings are as bad as they are. It really does not deserve to be renewed without going through a major revamp and replacing all of the writers and most of the actors.

January 22, 2012 at 7:22 pm
(108) Karen says:

I love this show. I don’t understand why you think you should be going for the men! I’m a woman pushing 60 and from the comments I’ve read here, I”m not alone. It seems many different age groups watch it. We’re just now getting to know the different people (was so sorry that Wash was killed). PLEASE keep it going, there’s so much that can be done with it. We need shows like this!

January 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(109) Anita says:

Please renew. My husband and I looked forward to watching together each week.

January 22, 2012 at 9:26 pm
(110) Juli Ulm says:

oh my gosh! they simply cannot leave us hanging on this one! when the ended the series for a mid season break they said it would start up again in January…. well…its january and my family and other FAMILIES we interact with want our show back! it was the BEST! we watched 3 shows in the fall of 2011. wipe out, terra nova and the walking dead! and we are anxious for the 2 series to get restarted! PLEASE PLEASE CONTINUE THIS SERIES!

January 23, 2012 at 8:30 pm
(111) brandon swire says:

this show is the only show that my dad and me watch together. We look forward every week and race back from judo to watch it. we really hope that fox will pick up season 2.

January 23, 2012 at 9:51 pm
(112) Senna G. says:

My family has had to pick up and start new, like the family in this show so we really identify with it, and we never miss it. There is so much garbage on television, please renew Terra Nova!!

January 24, 2012 at 10:53 pm
(113) Ed says:

LOVE THIS SHOW!! PLEASE RENEW IT!

January 25, 2012 at 11:47 am
(114) Hope says:

My husband and I enjoy watching the show. Please do not cancel it.

January 25, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(115) Lynn says:

I am so tired of getting involved watching a great tv series & it is cancelled. Please do not cancel Terra Nova. It is creative and fun for the whole family to watch. Come on, you gotta give it a chance. There has to be a way to cut down on costs, yet keep the plot going in a positive way!

January 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm
(116) Pablo says:

I loved the show i hope they dont cancel it i look foward every monday to watching!.

January 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm
(117) sheila says:

love this show.. it is unique and interesting… look forward to it every week… wish people would stop cancelling kick ass shows… would be so dissapointed if they take this off the air… :(

January 29, 2012 at 1:53 pm
(118) vicki says:

This is one of my two favorite shows. Very disappointed they are considering not renewing the series. I didn’t catch the first half of the season, which they would atleast show the first season again until they decide on whether or not to keep it.

January 30, 2012 at 2:23 pm
(119) awakejr aka 7hells says:

God.. I wish this wonderful tv-series will be renewed for 2nd season.. and even more! Amazing show..

Jason <3

February 5, 2012 at 10:44 pm
(120) dennyboy says:

Just run it!you know you can do it…stop thinking of the millions of dollars you can make and think of your viewers

February 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm
(121) Devoted fan says:

I love Terra Nova, it’s my favorite show on TV? I was so upset when it seem to have been cancelled. Why would Fox do this? The ratings are up, so what’s the problem? Terra Nova Fan supreme!!!!!!!!!!!

February 6, 2012 at 6:27 pm
(122) Devoted Terra Nova Fan says:

Maybe if we all bombard Steven Speilberg and the producers of Terra Nova with mail,blogs, tweets or whatever and tell him how much we love the show he might listen. I can’t believe he’s producing The River and letting Terra Nova go. Terra Nova Fan supreme!!!!!!!!!!!

February 6, 2012 at 11:54 pm
(123) Sean says:

This is one of the best shows on TV in the past 10 years the fox cancels this it’ll be the stupidest mistake they’ve ever made just like when they canceled firefly with the right riders the show could go on for as long as people want it you can go in so many directions that is one of the best new shows I’ve ever seen into Fox cancels I have a feeling they will lose a lot of viewers and respect they just need to get some new riders and give it a second season and maybe try it on a different night I guarantee it will be one of the top shows on any network I hope the people at Fox are smart enough to realize this on their own

February 7, 2012 at 2:13 pm
(124) Hector M. Figueroa says:

I never missed an episode of Terra Nova. It’s my favorite TV series. I’m looking forward to watching it back on Fox soon. The plot is very spectacular and exquisite. I would be profoundly disappointed, if this show were not telecasted anymore. No kudos for Fox channel if they opt not to renew it again.
Sincerely,
Hector M. Figueroa
Maryland

February 10, 2012 at 1:58 pm
(125) bledor says:

seriously i get verry mad.. if they canceled

this is so freaking good….. please fox don’t cancel!

February 12, 2012 at 10:20 am
(126) jimmy brown says:

blease bring back terra nova in my opion it is one of your best shows ever and has the protanial of playing as long as star gate bring it back

February 12, 2012 at 11:51 pm
(127) sherry b. johnson says:

please keep terra nova…a great show for all.

February 15, 2012 at 9:48 am
(128) a person says:

This is the only show i actually look forward to watching, my family sits down to watch it every week, and we haven’t missed an eoisode yet.I really hope it doesn’t get cancelled! :)

February 19, 2012 at 8:05 pm
(129) Rebecca says:

Best Sci-Fi since Stargate. I look forward to the adventure. The writers could present a little more explanation and less scenery. . Please keep it going.

February 20, 2012 at 8:44 pm
(130) Tim says:

One of the few shows we actually made a point to try and watch, wouldn’t you know they don’t continue it!!! It just shows how out of touch the tv networks are, they just keep putting on that other junk, no wonder I don’t watch much of it, stupid stuff like the Simpsons and the Bachelor, really.

February 23, 2012 at 5:04 pm
(131) Zack says:

I really like this show it gave you something to look forward to watching on Monday evenings. Now the only thing to watch is Alcatraz, FORGET IT FOX, I’m done watching your station unless you bring back the best show you have ever had TERRA NOVA!!!

March 1, 2012 at 1:52 pm
(132) Oneida says:

sorry to hear that only program my husband was looking forward to watching

March 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm
(133) david neill says:

i love terra nova i watched every episod from start to finish and i hope they will keep terra nova on for season 2 come one we all need terra nova. My hole family watches terra nova

March 2, 2012 at 11:46 pm
(134) uopomie says:

this is no more than eco terrorism. at this point any person with enough data on the subject like cancer rate 44% and increasing should be entitled to imprison the responsible criminals behind it.

March 4, 2012 at 2:52 am
(135) Kate says:

I hope the continue to play the show because me and my dad love the show it is amazing i love it.
i really hope i get to see what happens.

March 4, 2012 at 10:10 pm
(136) Paige says:

Bring it back it is awesome reminds me of lost

March 21, 2012 at 7:32 pm
(137) Nick says:

Bring it back…Its a good show….while I’m at it bring back Star gate Universe as well….Take away the biggest Looser and the stupid cooking shows and bring back something worth watching….

March 25, 2012 at 11:24 am
(138) Daphne says:

I hope they bring it back because it was something that my family enjoyed watching together.

April 3, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(139) Patrick says:

I hope they make a new season! i watched this with my dad every Monday. It took a few episodes for him to like but im only 13 and i love it! Please renew it!

April 10, 2012 at 10:00 pm
(140) laurent says:

Definitely the best show i have seen on tv for quite a while. A breath of fresh air in the mindless rubbish network like to bombard us with.
It would be a shame not to have a follow up season to it. Come on fox, get a grip, some of us need a change from the usual ncis, law & order or glee run of the mill.

April 12, 2012 at 7:14 am
(141) Taygen says:

Fox don’t blow it I love that show I would leave work early just so I could be home to watch it yes I could of set my dvr but there somthing about watching it when it I supposed to be on great characters the cas is awsome story line is superb and special fx the best fox do right by the Fox and terra novian nation we are proud people

April 17, 2012 at 11:35 pm
(142) jann says:

Soooooooo has another one been dropped? Firefly was? Fox you R
missing the boat with that decision. We all loved it 11-70 in this family
Gave the “transporter” a new meaning, Gave hope, drama, action, packed with science, it was nice to see multiple generational TV.
Maybe a second look is in order. It sure beats all the “reality” crap that made us walk away from TV, who are your decision makers?

The BBC IS LOOKING FOR MORE GOOD SHOWS MAYBE THEY WILL PICK IT UP IF YOU CANNOT.

April 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm
(143) Ray Care says:

i love terra nova i watched every episod from start to finish and i hope they will keep terra nova on for season 2Iím trying to be optimistic, but as others have pointed out, FOX is notorious for axing the better shows, while keeping other shows that arenít worth a second glance. Firefly, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Greg the Bunny, and several others I canít even begin to name suffered at the hands of FOX execs, despite that people advocated to keep the shows going
Just like so many other are saying and asking, please keep it alive or at least give it a propitiated ending. I believe we deserve that!!!
Thank You.

April 27, 2012 at 5:36 pm
(144) gokce says:

IT HAS TO GO ON! it was my favorite tv show and it wasnt like a classic stupid american tv show. it was something unique. i need to learn what happened to lucas i mean he didnt die but what happened to him? they left gaps thinking it would go on with season 2 but sadly theres no season 2 YET. i hope fox can finally make some smart move and let the show go on. sorry for my bad english im from turkey :)

May 8, 2012 at 3:17 pm
(145) Harry says:

One of the good shows worth watching hope it can go another season just getting to be fun

May 9, 2012 at 12:49 am
(146) Don Blake says:

Please continue! It is one of the few shows my whole family watches together.

May 11, 2012 at 10:05 am
(147) harman says:

I love this show please please bring it back. Its the only show on tv with a good plot and amazing storyline.

May 14, 2012 at 1:29 pm
(148) Joyce says:

My grandson and I loved Terra Nova. Please bring it back. We really looked forward to it. That was something we shared together

May 17, 2012 at 8:51 pm
(149) Dan Fitzpatrick says:

Our entire family: ages 24 to 60 yrs. old LOVES this show! Keep it on! Our son-in-law (a German national) LOVES this show, too!

May 26, 2012 at 11:48 am
(150) lexi says:

I really hope they continue it was so amazing and original. amazing imagination and I have the best so to top mine.. very nice………. plz continue :p

June 21, 2012 at 11:04 am
(151) melanie says:

funny you say that Darla, did you know Dyson (Kris Holden Reid) plays a homosexual guy on The Tudors?…. so he’s been there too. So of coarse you sometimes have to wonder if they are Homosexual in real life or just acting. personally it doesn’t bother ME either way

July 22, 2012 at 6:46 pm
(152) racheal says:

i love this show it should be renewed its interesting and it is a whole new story i mean most times it is machines that travel to the future but this time they are traveling to the past it is unique

September 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm
(153) Sanau says:

Pls continue

September 19, 2012 at 10:19 pm
(154) gates says:

Put it back on

September 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm
(155) Deb says:

Please please please! At least give us a hint. Is anyone from Fox reading this? If you are, we love it and want it back.

September 30, 2012 at 1:44 am
(156) Kim says:

Dear Fox,
I think you made a big mistake taking off Terra Nova. I cannot tell you how many people here enjoyed it. Everyone from my grandsons t myself, not to mention everyone at work. Light weight good family fun. Please bring it back in the Fall!

October 4, 2012 at 4:42 pm
(157) Jacob says:

This is the worlds best show…you have to renew it!!! Please

October 6, 2012 at 12:37 am
(158) francis scott says:

Sadly it’s come down to having to studios making decisions based on first season stats. The problem with this is that building a fan base takes longer than that. I did not even get to catch Terra Nova until it hit Netflix and it’s a great show with a lot of potential. Star Trek did not hit it off the bat either and has been in syndication for 40+ years. Everyone looks for the quick fix these days and for anything that has a building storyline is almost impossible to get off the ground without some foundation. Unfortunately almost any show that requires a script beyond Honey Boo Boo child is squashed almost immediately. Hopefully the Studios will learn that the quick buck is not the big bucks of a series that people look forward to for years.

November 14, 2012 at 3:36 am
(159) Thomas says:

November 14, 2012 at 3:36 am
(160) Thomas says:

I agree with all the comments, keeping it going, I still can’t believe they would cut down such an amazing show, brig it back!! I hate tv now days, don’t we get enough reality in our day to day lives.S

February 5, 2013 at 6:27 am
(161) Lullu Beja says:

Well! It’s cancelled :( :(

February 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm
(162) terranova says:

If you guys really want this show to be continued send an email to fox and netflix, together we can do this!

May 2, 2013 at 5:54 pm
(163) jeremy nantz says:

I just got done watching the season and its hard to find anything worth watching. But this is worth it. If they cancel it forever. I think id just quit watching fox. I mean what is the point if there never gonna finish anything. Next they’ll start making hare of movies. I’m not gonna watch any fox channels till they fix this cliff they let there viewers on. I mean so what if there not making as much as they wanted off it. They need to care about there viewers for once instead of there pockets. That why I tell everyone to just get net floss and forget Tv. Most do now.

May 31, 2013 at 11:22 pm
(164) Shonna says:

Bring back Terra Nova, best tv series ever!

June 26, 2013 at 6:52 pm
(165) Jaime says:

Just finished this series. It’s an amazing show that’s clean and has no swears. It’s the only tv show that’s kept me interested and I just finished it today. I’m a little ticked off that they cancelled it. BRING BACK THE SHOW!!! Lol but seriously. Bring it back.