1. Entertainment

Grimm Goes to Series

By May 16, 2011

David Guintoli stars in (I)Grimm(/i).

David Guintoli stars in Grimm.

© NBC

Go to Image Gallery
NBC has announced that the supernatural pilot Grimm, starring David Guintoli as a homicide detective who encounters strange creatures right out of the Grimms' mythology, has been picked up for the fall season.

Grimm has a promising pedigree--it's from David Greenwalt, co-creator of Angel, and Angel alumnus Jim Kouf, who's also known for hit screenplays like National Treasure and Rush Hour. The series will air on Fridays, after Chuck.

Here's the official description from the network:

Grimm is a new drama series inspired by the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales. Remember the fairy tales your parents used to tell you before bedtime? Those weren't stories--they were warnings. Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli, Turn The Beat Around) thought he prepared himself for the realities of working as a homicide detective until he started seeing things he couldn't quite explain. When his ailing Aunt Marie (guest star Kate Burton, Grey's Anatomy) arrives, Nick's life turns upside down when she reveals they are descendants of an elite group of hunters, also known as "Grimms," who fight to keep the balance of humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world. As Nick digs deeper into her past, he realizes that he will have to shoulder the responsibility of his ancestors--and contend with a larger-than-life mythology of the Brothers Grimm that is now all too real.

Russell Hornsby (Lincoln Heights), Bitsie Tulloch (Quarterlife), Silas Weir Mitchell (Prison Break), Reggie Lee (Persons Unknown), and Sasha Roiz (Caprica) also star. Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner (Hot In Cleveland) serve as executive producers, Jim Kouf (National Treasure, Angel) and David Greenwalt (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) are the creators/executive producers, and Marc Buckland (My Name Is Earl) is the director.
Follow me on Twitter  |  Follow me on Facebook

Comments

May 16, 2011 at 2:17 pm
(1) FayeD says:

Grimm sounds like an interesting concept. Too bad it is airing on the same time as Fringe. Thank heaven for DVRs.

May 16, 2011 at 8:04 pm
(2) kelios says:

You’d think they could at least MENTION Supernatural on the CW, since they are pretty blatantly ripping it off. Geez.

May 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm
(3) Nan says:

Too bad. Fringe and Supernatural are on at the same time. DVR doesn’t help there…:-(

October 3, 2011 at 3:45 am
(4) Billy Tenkiller says:

Get a vcr or digital disk recorder with a tuner.. record 2 on your cable company dvr and record or watch the third show
Or you coud get a computer genius friend to build you a multi tuner recorder

November 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm
(5) vince says:

I have watch the first four episodes and I Like the series ,, hope it last about time that something a little diffrent and not a bogus reality show…

February 17, 2012 at 3:50 pm
(6) aemelia says:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GRIMM- FANTASTIC CONCEPT

I LOVE SCI FI AND FICTION—AND THEY HAVE NAILED IT.

WAY TO GO, KEEP THOSE RATINGS CLIMBING!

February 23, 2012 at 7:51 pm
(7) Helen Griffin says:

MY grandson & I love the series. Hope to see season 2. Its really a differant kind of show & is very interesting. Great grafics.

August 20, 2012 at 3:30 pm
(8) Kim says:

Love this show !!

Something that is FINALLY different ! Even my teenage daughter is hooked !!!!

Keep it up, Sooo tired of all the reality shows, we need an escape from everyday drama and this is it ! :o )

June 21, 2013 at 10:10 am
(9) nomoreyeasttoday.com says:

I rarely leave comments, but i did some searching and wound
up here Grimm Goes to Series. And I do have a couple of questions for you if
you don’t mind. Could it be only me or does it look like a few of the responses appear like written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting at additional sites, I would like to follow anything new you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of your community sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?