1. Entertainment

Cancellation Predicted for No Ordinary Family, The Event

By April 25, 2011

Sorry, dude.

Sorry, dude.

© ABC

TV Guide's new list of "bubble shows" --programs that are likely to be canceled unless their networks find a really good reason to keep them--is only the latest media voice to aver what all suspect: that No Ordinary Family, the superhero series starring Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz, is dead in the water.

The piece is set up in a good news/bad news format for each show, and situation is so dire for Family that TVG writers Adam Bryant and Denise Martin dropped the bomb in the show's good news section: which is to say, there ain't any good news. "We're not going to lie," they admitted. "This show is a goner."

For weeks now everyone has been saying the same thing, but ABC, still configuring its fall schedule, has kept mum. "I expect it will be canceled," agreed Rob Owen of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, citing in particular ABC's sudden time-slot change to 10 p.m. Saturday nights near the end of its run--a death slot for a light, family-friendly fantasy. Not only did the time slot change signal the network's collapse in confidence in the show--after it had already shorted its initial order, the first sign of its disdain--but it guaranteed that Family's season finale wouldn't have a chance to generate an eleventh-hour viewing surge that might tip the scales toward renewal, as occasionally happens with shows with marginal ratings.

(That finale, content wise, had both pluses and minuses: on the one hand, the creation of 80 new supervillains created a particularly formidable threat for the family, and the final fight with Dr. King was well handled. On the other hand, there that cheesy last line--"Your government needs you." Cue eye roll.)

TV by the Numbers, crunching the latest ratings, likewise places No Ordinary Family and NBC's The Event in its "certain to be canceled" category. Both shows come out lower in their renew/cancel index than The Cape, which NBC all but canceled in February.

What happened with Family? Despite a strong cast, including two well-liked leads, and decent writing the show generated no buzz in the press and no traction among viewers. It's not that everyone decided the show was awful (some, like me, thought it was charming, and had great potential); it's that no one watched it in the first place, even when it was on Tuesdays--where it faced off against major hits with established audiences: Glee, NCIS, and One Tree Hill.

Also on the bubble list: NBC's Chuck, which is apparently in even more danger than ever, and ABC's V, both of which are on this year's schedule only because of a last-minute reprieve last year. V did, at least, have a strong finale, but its viewership was cataclysmically down from the series premiere in 2009, a measure network execs pay even more attention to that the actual ratings numbers themselves.

As is inevitably mentioned in the gloom and doom coverage of No Ordinary Family, both stars signed on for pilots for the fall season that were contingent on the cancellation of Family. That does mean that both Chiklis and Benz will be available should Family somehow survive--but it also means that no one, least of all its stars, expect it to.
Follow me on Twitter  |  Follow me on Facebook

Comments

April 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm
(1) Paula says:

Ordinary Family and The Event are good shows. Thats reason enough for the networks to cancel them. If if was a stupid reality show or blood and guts then the networks would find a great slot to put them POOH POOH on the networks……….

April 25, 2011 at 5:22 pm
(2) Allan Albright says:

Which means here comes another crime drama or doctor show or some lame comedy. Network TV sucks.

April 25, 2011 at 7:07 pm
(3) thegooch says:

That was the only show I looked forward to watching every Tuesday night. This really sucks.

April 25, 2011 at 10:51 pm
(4) Tim says:

It never fails shows I like to watch end up getting cancelled whats wrong with the ratings system or is it just me LOL

April 26, 2011 at 8:42 am
(5) Helen says:

I thought Ordinary family, was good but I guess either not enough people liked it or those that do are keeping quiet. So it is to take the same route as other sci-fi / fantasy shows and bite the big one. What a shameful waste. :o (

April 26, 2011 at 1:04 pm
(6) J Cintron says:

I loved this show. People now are used to reality t.v. which is pure garbage. The networks should not even look at the ratings, but the empty slot that they fill every season. Seinfeld had low low ratings to begin with then ended up being one of the most classic shows of all time.

April 26, 2011 at 1:11 pm
(7) Sue says:

Our family looked forward to watching No Ordinary Family. We really enjoyed watching. Sad that the good shows are canceled, and the low moral shows are allow to move forward.

April 26, 2011 at 2:57 pm
(8) Gayle says:

I loved No Ordinary Family. It’s what should be on TV these days. I feel losing it will jeopardize ABC’s crediability. Networks look too much toward the teeny boppers. What about us 30 somethings that like the Cape, No Ordinary Family, $ my Dad says, and others that have not gotten a chance to exist. Give us a break people! We do not like Reality shows like American Idol or X Factor! Ick!

April 26, 2011 at 3:09 pm
(9) starrpoint says:

While this show was charming, it did not have anything new. Not that that is nec. in TV, look at all the CSI shows!

But shows like this are hard to find. they just don’t get the promo that other shows get.

April 26, 2011 at 6:20 pm
(10) Breill says:

So a show like No Ordinary Family gets cancelled because the few thousand Neilsen families didn’t like it or tune in? Need to come up with a better way to track programming networks. There is a fanbase for this show, you see save NOF all over online. This show was going up against NCIS and Glee, two established shows on Tuesday. Move it to another day or an earlier slot.

April 26, 2011 at 6:55 pm
(11) Allen says:

I agree…this is the BEST show that’s been on TV for years. I looked forward to tuesdays every week. I had no idea that the show moved to saturday nights. i wonder how many of them i’ve missed. bad marketing for sure. this show gave me high hopes that the reality show crap was coming to an end. i guess not. I GIVE UP ON TV!

April 26, 2011 at 7:09 pm
(12) Steve says:

I do not watch TV on a regular basis, as most shows are a lame replication of some other show or a continual same same theme, such as CSI or some other criminal minded show of no value and without any creative writing. Only attempts are being made to replicate the idiocy that the human race does in each and ever-senseless really real boring day, (of course that sure makes the writer’s jobs lame and so easy and cheap, to only be copy cats and produce very predictable boring shows) the stories on NOF were for the most part creative and entertaining enough that I would take time out of a very busy business day just to have time to watch them. Bravo for a great show, to bad someone is too stupid to realize when they have a winner. The shows improved by leaps and bounds each week, to quit when doing so well must have been someone being too greedy, and I’ll bet it was not the actors.

April 26, 2011 at 7:21 pm
(13) David L. says:

No Ordinary Family is one of the better shows on TV. I looked forward to Tuesday night to watch the show and when I found out it was switched to a 10 PM slot, I was very disappointed. What is wrong with the viewing public? What is wrong with the TV review system? The reality shows just appeal to me, nor our family. The writing and acting on the show was extraordinary and the characters all clicked together.

April 26, 2011 at 7:36 pm
(14) nancy says:

Loved this show! I am so disappointed to hear that it will probably go.

April 26, 2011 at 8:04 pm
(15) KM525 says:

Of course, a show I can actually watch WITH my kids and we all enjoyed it. And they wonder why no one watches TV anymore!

April 27, 2011 at 2:38 am
(16) Melvin Q. says:

I rarely get attracted to any tv series, because i’m to busy to keep up with them. But I have to say No Ordinary Family got my attention and I sometimes clear my schedule for Tuesday night so I can watch it with my family, if I don’t get to watch it I watch it online. I can’t follow all of the other shows I think it’s just the same thing over and over again…. some type crime drama or something to do with medical… I work in a medical field and tired of seing a hospital or any medical setting. This No Ordinary Family brings me back to my childhood days and wishing that I had special powers and you know something different than our ordinary life. It’s a fantasy and a family show that we can sometimes relate too… KEEP THE SHOW RUNNING!!

April 27, 2011 at 4:33 am
(17) ramon palacio says:

why dont they just make all shows reality since thats the only thing on these days and it seems thats all the networks want, which is really pathetic. i hope this show doesnt get cancelled its my favorite next to smallvile.

April 27, 2011 at 11:36 am
(18) Sandman says:

Too bad my kids and myself were into this show. It was entertaining and fun. Guess TV isn’t allowed to be that anymore…or given a slot and time to find a following.
As my daughter said “it was just starting to get juicy” LOL

Yeah..that 10pm slot. very reminiscent of the second season of Jericho. CBS didnt want that show to succeed. Yeah we got our seacond season due to all the press from the campaign, but the networks were hell bent on not promoting it and then burying it at 10PM, and then went on to blame the fans for not promoting it…hey we were not the multi million dollar corp with ultimate media access.

April 27, 2011 at 11:59 am
(19) Steven says:

No Ordinary Family was one of the few shows I watch on TV. I thought it was family friendly, cute, quite well scripted. I am not into the current genre of vampires or ever growing number of police shows, far too violent for my liking. I was sad to see the demise of Stargate Universe and no new Star Trek shows planned. V was good but I cannot see that being renewed.

In fact, I rarely watch network TV any more, with hundreds of channels I find it difficult to find anything of interest. CNN, Fox and MSNBC are vile, so I only watch BBC World. I sometimes watch documentaries, wildlife and history shows. Generally I have returned to listening to the radio, the BBC can be heard online and have some brilliant programming.

April 27, 2011 at 1:23 pm
(20) Cheryl says:

I loved no ordinary family. It was actually a show we could sit down and enjoy with our kids. We all looked forward to seeing what new super villian would appear. It’s so hard to find good “family” shows. My little ones could care less for the NCIS/Doctor/Lost type shows. I liked Glee too but try getting three young boys to watch that. Keep something the younger generations and families can enjoy together!!!

April 27, 2011 at 1:34 pm
(21) Roseann says:

And shows on cable like Jersey Shore with lower ratings overall stay on because people would rather watch train wrecks than well written thought out shows. It’s sad.

April 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm
(22) Hy says:

Come on ABC! NBC did a decent run of Heroes for 4 seasons and you know what I liked No Ordinary Family season 1 better than Heroes Season 1. Keep it for 2 more seasons!!!

April 27, 2011 at 5:06 pm
(23) Travis says:

First NBC screws fans over Heroes and now ABC might screw No Ordinary Family…where’s a real superhero to kick some network booty? (And no, don’t even mention “The Cape”)
I am holding out hope, what little I can, that “Family” will survive…if not I just might have to say no to Network TV and watch reruns and classics on Netflix.

April 27, 2011 at 8:21 pm
(24) DERRICK says:

CONGRATULATIONS in killing another good show.that was the only show i watch on that network.why not just cancel the network.

April 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm
(25) Andre says:

all i can say is ‘im pissed because they are cancelling no ordinary family
of course they wont get much views!!its the stupid time slot they have!!

April 27, 2011 at 10:02 pm
(26) luvs13 says:

My comment is like most of the other’s that I’ve read – we loved No Ordinary Family and looked forward to each episode on Tuesday night. What a disappointment to read that it may be cancelled!

April 28, 2011 at 12:41 am
(27) Mark Sebert says:

Who Cares? There are so many important things than a stupid show. Like the fact that this country is about bankrupt and we can’t afford to make these shows. Like the fact that the Federal Reserve is robbing you blind. Like the fact the Big Pharma is the biggest killer. Do something better like talk a walk; read a book; or get busy helping the poor.

April 28, 2011 at 8:39 am
(28) candice says:

i really love no ordinary family ! its not the most brilliant show and can be a little lame at times, but its so enjoyable and easy to watch ! plus i want to find out what powers george gets !

April 28, 2011 at 9:07 pm
(29) Phil says:

I think everyone should bombard the network and tell them they suck if NOF doesn’t get a second season. Granted some of the writing was a bit icky to start with but the show got better every week. Love it. Better than half of the crap that’s on at the moment.

April 28, 2011 at 11:46 pm
(30) Stephen Patterson says:

I never knew the show was on the air until I seen it on hulu.
No real advertisement for it.
But I have been hooked ever since.
That is the ONLY show I watch on ABC.
Without it I am stuck with Cable channels only.

April 29, 2011 at 2:24 am
(31) SCOTT says:

NOF is a great show and we enjoyed watching it every Tuesday. A night that in my opinion has very little to offer. I really hope it is given a chance. Not all people like reality shows. Is it not what we watch TV for is entertainment. We live reality.

April 29, 2011 at 2:38 pm
(32) Lee says:

I knew NOF was a goner when TV week reported Chiklis was doing a pilot for another show.. then it was reported his co-star was doing he same.

I’ll mis the show it helped make my Tuesday nights…

As for teh Event NBC wrote that off a long time ago.. th hiatus was just a warning to fire up your DVRS this show is dead.

April 30, 2011 at 12:28 am
(33) victoria says:

I loved this show and so many others they cancelled. I am so sick of the cancellations. I and many others probably dont schedule life around their tv but now have the ability to schedule tv around their life. So this means many of these shows are being watched on hulu or other internet sites and would have higher ratings if this would be taken into account. Plus if you wait til the seasons are over to watch them you know they are watchable and not just half a show thats cancelled at the end since every good show tends to get wiped off the map. I hope they do not cancel but I guess if they do they do just like so many others we get stuck without good tv shows.

April 30, 2011 at 7:34 pm
(34) tae says:

Man I was looking forward to the next season two. This is wack; as soon as a show that is completely different than the others (a family with super powers) they flop ‘em. tight right now!!!

May 1, 2011 at 2:39 pm
(35) Lori says:

Our family loves this show. I don’t know who you ask,but no one asked us. Its our favorite. I doubt one email will make a difference, but just hope someone sees this. This is such a good show!

May 1, 2011 at 9:06 pm
(36) Charles says:

Formula for success: blood, guts, fangs, sex, low morals, sex, more blood, less morals, more sex.

Formula for cancellation: thoughtfulness, fresh concept, good writing, chemistry of a non-sexual nature, good message.

Maybe if they repackaged it as “Real Housewives of PrimaTech? and had orgies with Daphne going down on some vampire while the latest teeny-bopper song played in the background it would be better with the network execs?

May 1, 2011 at 9:38 pm
(37) Ann says:

It was my favorite show. The writing was great. The acting better. Well casted. It kept my interest as few shows these days do. Bummer to find out it was cancelled.

May 1, 2011 at 10:50 pm
(38) Sarah says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I loved No Ordinary Family! It was the best channel ever!!!!! I don’t want it to be cancelled.! :(

May 2, 2011 at 1:45 am
(39) sharpster says:

I am tired of good shows being cancelled. Thus I have put my $$ where my mouth is. ABC cancelled NOF, and I have cancelled ABC… IE I no longer subscribe to a cabe or sat service.

SICK AND TIRED OF PAYING GOOD MONEY FOR CRAP REALITY TV GARBAGE!

May 2, 2011 at 7:15 am
(40) PAUL JEFFREY EKEBERG says:

I live in Brisbane Queensland Australia channel 7 here in Brisbane has just shown the new series No Ordinary Family and I think this is the best super hero show I have seen in a long time I have recorded the show so that I can watch any time i want, I hope that the show stays on for a long time, if the show fails let some other network take over it, these networks don’t give the shows a chance because of one episode the networks should not cancel a show until they know that all the rating are check I know for a fact the networks do not collect the rating from every city and town. When a new show comes to Australia the ratings here are stronger than America, I have watching great show for a long time and I can’t under stand why shows are cancel because of one or two episodes the networks should give these shows a go, any shows that are made in Australia they last a lot longer than America so don’t count on the rating you all should go out and asked the people what they think of the shows.

May 2, 2011 at 8:29 am
(41) steve v says:

NOF is just starting in Australia this week.My son and I have gone ahead and watched it all online.We love the show,its the only program that we,ve watched together for ages.To find out its getting cancelled just as its starting is upsetting.How can ABC sell a program to Australia suck us into it and then cancel.Thats pure evil.

May 2, 2011 at 9:59 pm
(42) Jay says:

That is such disappointing news. I tuned in every week for No Ordinary Family (and I’m a Glee fan). The casting was great, the characters were likable, and it was a decently paced, interesting plot line. This show will sorely be missed. I hope the network gives it another shot.

May 3, 2011 at 10:49 am
(43) Jen says:

Man, we loved NOF!! Don’t cancel it, leave us all hangin like this!! NOF rocked, and they were an awesome family, and ppl like to watch clean shows like this one. There really are those of us who are sick of sex and idiotic drama who would like to see more seasons of NOF! Bring them back!

May 3, 2011 at 3:16 pm
(44) Kelly says:

We love No Ordinary Family and have been watching it since it launched in September. This is a great show, and it’s a pity that it wasn’t on regularly enough to keep more viewers interested.

It became our Tuesday night ritual, and we’re disappointed when it’s not on at 8 pm.

PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW RUNNING!

May 3, 2011 at 9:17 pm
(45) SYDNEY says:

I love this show
I really hope it doesn’t get the boot
we need television shows like this
I haven’t watched ABC since 8 simple rules
if they cancel this show I will have nothing to watch on Tues
PLzzzzz don’t cancel it

May 3, 2011 at 11:17 pm
(46) dubb says:

WTF! The one good show on ABC.

May 4, 2011 at 12:04 am
(47) Nelson says:

This is my favorite show! I hope it doesn’t get canceled.

May 4, 2011 at 4:46 am
(48) Isabel Rodrigues says:

No Ordinary Family is a GREAT show. Please dont cancel it. Besides it really sucks when you are watching a show that you like and then you find out that its been cancelled. Why air it in the first place?

May 4, 2011 at 1:18 pm
(49) Linda says:

No Ordinary Family and The Event are two of the best shows on the air. I guess we see that those who make the decisions want stupid-mindless reality shows and shows that show sex and stupidity like Glee.

May 4, 2011 at 4:52 pm
(50) Desiree says:

LOVED No Ordinary Family! I agree with Allan Albright’s comment above…I can’t deal with another boring crime drama or lame comedy. This show was finally something different that has been missing from TV. Very sad to see it go :(

May 4, 2011 at 5:59 pm
(51) jenn says:

I love this show! If it comes back I’ll get all my friends and family to atch it so we can get the ratings up! Please! I along with many others love this show and would be devastated to see it end! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 4, 2011 at 7:27 pm
(52) Bill says:

I’ll miss this show, it is a good show, for a change and this is how I know they will cancel it. It was family night TV show for our family. For the most part we have all but quit watching the three major networks. We are now scanning the cable for re-runs and can usually find something good to watch, I love Monk re-runs.

May 4, 2011 at 9:19 pm
(53) Janice says:

It’s very sad that there is finally a non-reality show that’s ok for my kids to watch (in fact want to watch), and they can’t keep it long enough to really build an audience. If enough of us let our voices be heard, just maybe they’ll listen and keep it. It’s worked before with other shows.

May 5, 2011 at 1:08 am
(54) Larry says:

I did not find No Ordinary Family until right before the end of its run. Loved it and watched as much online as I could, as well as watching the finale. It was a show I could actually watch with my teenage daughter and have us both enjoy.

Sorry to see it go, but not surprised. Reality TV and crime series spin offs are much cheaper to make. A show like NOF has to become a big hit quickly to stay on the air, which is tough to do since audiences (like me) sometimes take a while to find a show.

May 5, 2011 at 7:41 pm
(55) Tim W says:

This show IS my favorite. I M n over-the-road trucker and make sure that no matter where I am in the country, I click on ABC.com and watch No Ordinary Family. Haven’t missed a single episode. It’s to bad that the good value shows need to be cancelled. The V and the Family are the only 2 shows I have ever taken that kind of patience with.

I hope they save this one somehow.

May 6, 2011 at 12:52 am
(56) Jessica says:

As usual cancel all the good shows and leave the garbage for us to watch. They should be canceling all those cornball reality shows. I guess I will watch USA and see marathons of Law and Order, House, and NCIS every week.

May 6, 2011 at 1:51 pm
(57) ken marth says:

why cancel a show that never got a chance? the last few weeks everytime I wanted to watch it all I saw was DANCING with the IDIOTS!
maybe if no ordinary family had been on people could watch and give it its chance! we need shows like this (see BUFFY / SMALLVILLE, eCt) maybe move it to the WB so that it can be saved! channel 5 sucks anyway. we need a smallville replacement (season ends after 9 years….hmmmm…guesse superhero shows CAN survive) cancelling no ordinary family is wrong as we need this type of fun show and please get rid of reality crap as we are overloaded. whats next? going potty with the stars? or drinking with the stars? (charlie sheen?) or shopping with the stars? (lindsely lohan?….I think she shops or not) save no ordinary family

May 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm
(58) Chris says:

Really looked forward to watching No Ordinary Family each week. I am disappointed in the network for taking it off the air without warning.

May 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm
(59) Allen says:

I really liked this show, so naturally it is going to be cancelled. I haven’t watched network television in years.
This show was the first, and probably last, time that I gave it a try.

May 9, 2011 at 12:35 am
(60) mars says:

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ABC, ONCE THEY GET A HALF INTERESTING SHOW THEY CANCEL IT, I THINK I’LL JUST WATCH TLC OR THE OPRAH CHANNEL.

May 9, 2011 at 12:42 am
(61) SYL says:

abc are you nuts, do you just want garbage on tv, this progam was just getting good, thanks a lot for teasing us.

May 9, 2011 at 4:57 am
(62) Alex D says:

Extremely disappointed with ABC once again. I’m tired of quality interesting shows being canceled because it was poorly promoted and supported by the network. I’m going back to watching mostly HBO shows, at least they tend to support their programming. Is no wonder why new shows that aren’t cheap crass reality shows often have a hard time gaining a large following when loyal viewers often get shafted after having spent many hours of viewing and becoming attached to the characters and their universe.

May 9, 2011 at 10:10 am
(63) Trilpe M says:

Excuse me… did that article actually say that No Ordinary Family had good writing?

Yeah, right… and it’s getting cancelled because of bad luck.

May 10, 2011 at 11:12 am
(64) No Ordinary Fan says:

I love this show, it’s interesting and happening, please save this show and i hope it can be renewed to the second season.

May 10, 2011 at 12:02 pm
(65) Caroline says:

That’s too bad that they’re gonna cancel NOF … Just like they canceled my other favorite Kyle XY. The plane crash thing at the end wasn’t such a bad ending even if the show should get canceled, ABC didn’t even finish Kyle XY in a decent way, left it on a huge cliffhanger. And about NBC’s Chuck (which I happen to love as well) … I love the show but I think they have been pushing it too hard. They should have ended the show with just Chuck and Sarah getting married and that’s that but no … they have to make her fighting for her life. Actually I think even season 4 episode 13 would have been a great ending to Chuck. I wan’t at lwast No Ordinary Family to stay, I need something geeky .. otherwise only shows that there are still left to watch are GG, TVD, Pretty Little Liar and One Tree Hill … I’m really getting sick of all that high school junk!

May 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm
(66) mickey says:

I get to watch 0 live tv with my busy life like most, but made time to record and watch NOF. Im very sad to here the show is going away. Its the only program i whould make time for.

May 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm
(67) Scott Sekinger says:

NOF is a great show, and should get a second chance. The season finale gives way to great stories. I should stay on the air. Reality, Stupid Comedy and Crime Dramas are getting old. This is one of the best family shows that has been on for a least 15 years.

May 12, 2011 at 6:31 am
(68) karen says:

I totally agree with all the positive statements above. The writing keeps the show believable and draws on true human qualities of truth and honesty and wanting to do good. What’s so wrong with that in these days of doom and gloom? Sure it’s built on a sci-fi/fantasy base rather than a blood and guts detective series or over sexed hospital drama. For 1 hour what’s wrong with disengaging belief and embracing the world of “what if?” story telling. The themes of love and redemption are being played out as well as the values of family life. Great show, it should be kept going for a second series, it has a wider market than just the United States.

May 12, 2011 at 8:24 pm
(69) Lance LaRae says:

It was placed to fail from the beginning… go against NCIS (minus all the 40-something people) and GLEE (minus the kids, teens, 20′s and 30-somethings) and what’s left… people with VCR/DVRs who record and watch it Friday night when all else sucks… I don’t think “recorders” show up in the Nielsen ratings crap… oh, well another good show stuck in the wrong time slot!!!!! Dummies!

May 12, 2011 at 11:28 pm
(70) Holly says:

I really liked watching this show. I looked forward to it every Tuesday night. It kept me going. What is going to happen to the baby? How are they going to help to get those mutants contained. Hello?! It has a very good plot. Keep it going! Keep it going!

May 13, 2011 at 5:20 am
(71) Vince C says:

I think if a poll was ran on this show it would depict an overwhelming majority for keeping this show on the air. Do your research ABC before you make a huge mistake.

May 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm
(72) Rockin says:

Please don’t cancel… my family and I love all the actors, it’s enjoyable show… what can we do to make sure you don’t cancel?

May 17, 2011 at 6:43 pm
(73) Daniel says:

I’m from England and we’ve just finished series 1, obviously i don’t quite understand this ratings stuff but surely it would be easier to move it to a less comptitive slot ? Its a shame as the finale was very good and left a lot of great storylines,and the show itself carries extreme potential. Sad to see it go, definately my favouite show on TV( British or American)

May 17, 2011 at 7:53 pm
(74) Stephanir says:

Why are you all taken all the good shows off. My lil brother and I loved watchen NOF. it so rocked please think about it and change your minds!!!!!!!

May 19, 2011 at 3:17 am
(75) Mr.Eman says:

It was a good show… So dumb to take it off… They could at least do a movie starting where the show left off… Family kicking alot of ass… Or put the damm show back on….

May 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm
(76) dawn says:

you know, if hbo or showtime every bought the rights to this show and continued it, i would actually only watch that station! i am sick of watching a refreshingly great show and have the networks cancel it!! ridiculous. why bother following any show, just get wii and net flicks

May 21, 2011 at 1:09 pm
(77) Kristin says:

If they cancel No Ordinary Family it will be a bad move. The show is great and I for one never missed a episode. I watched it from episode one until the last episode of this season (never missing one). I had it set to record on my dvr in case I couldnt tune in when it was starting. If it goes I will be upset about it because it will be the loss of one of my favorite shows on tv. In a tv age where crappy reality shows are the norm and we are over run with the same old cop dramas and medical dramas (difference being different actors on each show) its nice to see some fresh family friendly tv thats exciting and okay for kids but entertaning to adults at the same time.

May 22, 2011 at 12:58 pm
(78) Ta says:

Well im from sweden and i loved this show to i saw forward to every episode and i hope that it wont be cancled as many other great shows. this show can go ona for while IMO…. and i do agre with other that why does great shows get cancled after a season or two

Come on producers or what ever you guys are tat decides the show Start using ur heads and stop with the reality crap and other boring shows that is lame… keep the great ones up cancle the crappy ones i SAY !

May 22, 2011 at 6:44 pm
(79) Andrea says:

I, like pretty much all of the previous commentators LOVE NOF! I am so tired of police/csi/doctor shows with the same plot lines over and over, and I’m even more tired of “reality” shows. It always seems the shows I really enjoy get canceled IE: Eli Stone, another clean family show that got dumped. I wish the people who actually decide on what gets canceled would take a look at the internet and what real TV watchers say about these shows. WE are the ones who should decide what stays and what goes!

May 22, 2011 at 10:51 pm
(80) Micha says:

Why did they cancell it it was just getting interesting with george in the plane and the super baby! I mean I am soooo super angry! :’(

May 23, 2011 at 9:39 am
(81) steven ruff says:

this is a really good show and there jst gonna cancel it after makin such a gud finale wots the point in that especialy when there is clearly a fan base who are drawn to the idea of a family with super powers who from wot i can tell from the finale are about to be recruited by the goverment to track down 80 super criminals and dnt get me started on george who by the looks of it has received super powers in that plane crash and wot bout katie and joshua and there new born super baby my mind is boggled by the possible story lines the writers cud have come up with for seoson 2 it cud have been gr8 alot better than heros or mutant x so i keep asking mysef who is the jackass making the decision to cancel the show and how did he get his job with such crappy judgment and complete lack of ability to notice pontential

May 23, 2011 at 8:01 pm
(82) Leeanna says:

No ordinary Family was my favorite television show on tv. What were they thinking this was the one television show I looked forward to watching.

May 23, 2011 at 9:14 pm
(83) Kim says:

I think it will be a tragedy if No Ordinary Family and The Event are cancelled. I have them set to record so that I never miss an episode. These are great family programs, but I guess the networks don’t care about family, all they care about is putting trash on the air so that those of us that are looking for a good family show have nothing to watch. PLEASE, do not cancel these shows.

May 24, 2011 at 3:46 pm
(84) lovely says:

hi there!, i live in ireland and got sky cable connected on our new house. I used to watch csi miami,ny,etc.. but got bored of the same plot over and over again. When WATCH channel showed that there is a new tv series about a family having super powers i got interested and look forward to coming home every tuesday, have our dinner and watch NO ORDINARY FAMILY.

DOnt believe the rates…They’re all right you need to promote the series more!!!!

Byt the way, I observed that youve rushed the story on the last episode. Got so disappointed coz the production was compromised because you want it cancelled so quick.

May 27, 2011 at 1:30 pm
(85) Marko says:

I really loved this show! I am so disappointed about ABC decision.

May 30, 2011 at 6:16 am
(86) ALLAN . O says:

This will be the first piece of work i’ll ever miss.It was one of the best and enjoyble movie.

June 2, 2011 at 3:29 am
(87) BJ says:

Finally managed to finish watching the series which we’d been recording and playing catch up.

Its the first decent series that we’ve sat down as a family and watched for ages. Even our neice who has been staying with us was shocked when I said that there wasn’t going to be another series, looks like she got hooked after only watching two episodes.

June 10, 2011 at 9:24 pm
(88) marc says:

wtf man y that sucks

June 12, 2011 at 5:26 pm
(89) Teachourfuture says:

My family and I just found out about this wonderful show. We have been watching it
on Huluplus. My family and I are so disappointed. Please don’t cancel No Ordinary
Family. This is the first show we have enjoyed in a long time from the networks. We are tired
of reality shows, and all of the disgusting shows
that these networks thinks are good shows. My kids who are ages 20,21 and 25 love this show.
Please reconsider!

June 13, 2011 at 10:39 pm
(90) Staci says:

I am so disappointed. Of course if they looked at the people watching it on Hulu the ratings would be an entirely different game indeed.

June 17, 2011 at 2:02 pm
(91) Percy Gates says:

You it’s funny that with a pointless storyline or lame, terrible joke that you have to hear six or seven times to get have the best “ratings” or the “right help” to stay on tv personally I didn’t care for Glee and the only thing I liked about NCIS is the theme song. The only real comp for No Ordinary Family was Law & Order SVU and its gone now also so whats left. NOF was the only show aside for Wrestling that I never missed a show of. So someone tell me who are the network execs, how old are they, and what do they suffer from. HEAD CASES…….

June 17, 2011 at 7:01 pm
(92) Sam L. says:

The Event and No Ordinary Family were big on my family entertainment radar weekly. I find it hard to believe that all shows of interest seem to be quickly disappearing. I hope another network will give these shows a chance.

June 18, 2011 at 3:35 pm
(93) bob diddlebock says:

i loved that show it was so awesome it was my favorite i dont want it to be canceled i looked forward to watching that :(

June 24, 2011 at 10:27 pm
(94) Dana says:

I just caught up on the last two episodes and I too will be one sad to see this show canceled. Love the family, friends and stories. One of only a handful that I try to watch. Based upon all the other comments which must be only a small percentage of those that watch, I think ABC should reconsider.

July 1, 2011 at 9:02 pm
(95) Steph h says:

My favorite show…. Finally didn’t have to turn the channel due it being a stupid reality show…. Please bring N O Family back!

July 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm
(96) Shai says:

I love no ordinary family! I dont like to watch television that much but every week I looked forward to watching this and the even with my Mom, sis and daughter we were all in it every week.

July 12, 2011 at 11:29 am
(97) Don C says:

SyFy should drop ALPHAS and pick up “No Ordinary Family” from ABC.
It’s a better fit for the Monday time slot anyway.

July 14, 2011 at 1:39 pm
(98) Helen says:

I am just about ready to give up on tv.. everytime I enjoy a show they seem to cancel it. Pretty soon there wont be anything left to watch… I cant believe a show as fine as No Ordinary Family can be cancelled but a show like Weeds can stay on the air… Comeon get with the people!

July 16, 2011 at 6:52 am
(99) phillip says:

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee nof it is the best show ive seen and i really hope that they bring out a second season. i love the story line and the plot they have left it open to be more than what they have made it

July 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm
(100) viola says:

i love no ordinary family everytime i like a show they take it off no more reality shows please don’t cancel this show it was getting better and better they let dexter stay on i know not abc but if they let that stay then let a good one stay now

July 16, 2011 at 6:39 pm
(101) Rogielle says:

NOF is one of the best shows I’ve seen. Don really watch tv at all that much but I made sure to watch NOF. It’s not fair to take such a good show off the air. The network is stuck on the same old reality crap! Law shows, criminal shows, talent shows, gosh can we watch something original!! Can we watch No Ordinary Family for goodness sakes!

July 18, 2011 at 11:29 pm
(102) lyss says:

Don’t get it……. why would you cancel this show that’s so different from all the other irritating reality shows!! How disappointing…

July 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm
(103) Tim says:

This is the only show that I never missed this past year, even if I had to watch it online (which was a GREAT new option). How disappointing that we won’t see it again this fall. Our family has all but abandoned network TV because of cancellations like these. Funny, because we still find old TV shows on Netfix worth watching. I agree with Don: if ABC doesn’t get it, maybe they should sell to SyFy…

July 23, 2011 at 5:33 pm
(104) Jen says:

Wow, I had no idea No Ordinary Family had been canceled. This was a really great show….which seems to be rare these days. I too am sick of reality tv! I’m so sad that NOF won’t be on anymore. Bummer.

July 24, 2011 at 8:12 am
(105) Dbstr says:

I loved No Ordinary Family. I looked forward every week to see what happens next. Please bring it back

July 24, 2011 at 10:19 pm
(106) MYVOICECOUNTSTOO says:

WOW NO ORDINARY FAMILY WAS THE BEST SHOW ME AND MY WIFE WATCHED IT EVERY TUES, THE ONLY NETWORK SHOW WE WATCHED CAUSE THE REST WERE ZZZZZ BORRING. WAY TO GO AND RUIN A GOOD THING, I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER 10 SEASONS!!! WHATEVER NOW ILL WATCH NOTHING FROM YOUR NETWORK

August 3, 2011 at 8:21 am
(107) winnie says:

I love no ordinary Family. Actually, I find it more interesting to watch than ncis. I always look forward to it every morning. Please bring it back

August 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm
(108) SHAREE says:

IT NEVER FAILS GARBAGE OVER GOLD. WE LOVED ” NO ORDINARY FAMILY” Finally a show I could watch with my children. when they changed the time slot I knew it was doomed. Its a shame when reality trash trumps family bonding. This society has gone in the toilet! Quality shows are relics. Its all about sex, drugs, disrespect, and no morals that pump the ratings now. Congratulations. MAYBE THE FAMILY CHANNEL WILL PICK IT UP. BRING BACK REAL ENTERTAINMENT! The networks are stuffed with Too many MURDER CRIME DRAMAS and SCI FI. where are the kid friendly family programs or are we immune to family?

August 8, 2011 at 6:43 am
(109) IceKat says:

I’m really sorry there aren’t more episodes of this. They always wait a while to show it overseas and it’s a good show. I’m so over reality TV and this was a breath of fresh air from the awful shows out now. Here I thought we were going back to decent TV shows.

August 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm
(110) Ann Bohannon says:

I hate to see this show go. It seems like eveytime my family gets into a show it is cancelled. It makes me want to never invest my time into a show on ABC. I refuse to wonder what happens because it is hacked before a storyline is finished. Thanks ABC you just lost loyal veiwers….. Now how is your ratings?????

August 14, 2011 at 3:49 pm
(111) Rick says:

I have worked in emergency/critical care medicine for 27 years—-that is reality. NO ORDINARY FAMILY was a great show with very original story lines. Why would ABC be so STUPID and put more crap on. NO ORDINARY FAMILY was a wonderful show everyone could enjoy. I will be watching NOTHING on ABC. I truly hope ABC is looking @ all the comments on this site. We all WANT THIS SHOW BACK!!!!!!!! ABC—are you listening—-no one wants to invest time into watching anything on YOUR STATION. Let’s see—maybe another REALITY SHOW, DOCTOR SHOW. BRING BACK NO ORDINARY FAMILY> LISTEN TO YOUR VIEWERS!!!!!

August 17, 2011 at 10:01 pm
(112) Boleggs4ever says:

What a bommer…. I thought the show was great! Since ABC don’t want the show, why not alloted to the Cable Network Channel such as Sci-Fi. I a happy that I still can look at re-runs on my computer through XFINITY. ABC drop the ball on this one.

August 22, 2011 at 7:02 am
(113) C15 says:

It is amazing how network tv rating companies need to change their rating system or hire a neutral rating company with background checks. Is not evident the good family shows are turning out to a mere memory due to hipocratic behavior and capitalist interest. First Caprica, now No Ordinary family… No wonder the country is in the state it is, and the IQ level of people are at an all time low. I have an idea, make it a Netflix/Blockbuster online show and then implement a system to account for the ratings and the number of times it is accessed. Only then you are able to tell me you have a true count/rating of the show. Until then, the rating companies are all biased leaning to corporate/network interests.

August 22, 2011 at 8:06 am
(114) Glen says:

I was disappointed to learn that No Ordinary Family has been or will be cancelled. I have long been a fan of science fiction and fantasy and I must agree with other negative comments left regarding reality shows and crime series. I hope the producers of the show come to their senses and realise that there is a loyal fan base who will watch the show if it is reprieved. I live in Australia and the last episode was aired here on August 28th so it appears that I am out of luck again. Some of my favourite shows have been scrubbed before their use by date. Such is life!

August 22, 2011 at 12:53 pm
(115) John says:

Just finished watching the final episode of “No Ordinary Family” We looked forward every week to another great piece of family entertainment. We are so sick of cooking, Talent and renovaton shows that keep showing the same thing over and over again. How come these programs don’t get axed simply for their boring format. Who is in charge of issueing the rating, I don’t know of anyone who has ever been asked to rate a show. Send me a form i will be more than happy to fill it in, or is it only available to families and friends of TV Executives. Bring back decent family entertainment

August 25, 2011 at 6:20 am
(116) Dombi says:

WHY would they cancel aGREAT SHOW!!!!!!!! it’s the ONLY good show on now a days, whats WRONG with them!!!! It’s the ONLY show that me and my brother can watch together with out arguing… ILS A GREAT SHOW!!!!!

August 26, 2011 at 11:09 am
(117) martin barnes says:

just watch the last episode to day here in the uk i enjoyed it very much hope it dos’nt get cancelled hope to seea seson 2

September 1, 2011 at 7:38 am
(118) naomi nation says:

What a pity-it is the only show I watched outside of the ABC in Australia. My son and I used to watch it together-sort of a family thing we had.

Hope the actors know how much we enjoyed watching them.

Naomi

September 4, 2011 at 6:40 am
(119) Moni says:

What the heck,, myself and my teenage daughter watched this show everyweek, finally something worthwhile to sit infront of the TV and enjoy felt like old days,,as usual take away what is good.
On ya

September 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm
(120) michael torres says:

this show is AMAZING no should cancel it i look forward to see on tuesdays. i hope yall choose to leave it on or i literally will die. i need to see what happens to all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm
(121) s. sweigart says:

I was dissapointed to hear about the cancellation of this show.I looked forward to it every week.Of a good wholesome family with powers who could kick ass and bring justice.What a shame.you directors have your heads in your butts!!!!

September 18, 2011 at 12:48 am
(122) Diane says:

All the really good shows get canceled. It is very sad that the worst junk on TV stays on TV. What is wrong with the way they calculate this? No one ever asks me what I am watching so who do they take ratings from??? No Ordinary Family, Chuck……. these are really good entertaining shows. Everyone I know watched them and loved them. Soon TV won’t be worth watching!!!!

September 19, 2011 at 2:12 am
(123) Mark says:

Well that’s too bad although some of the plot twists were predictable, I really enjoyed the show and even saved the finale on my DVR hoping to see a resolution with the new season. So many other ABC shows aren’t even worth the scripts written for them. I think ABC could do a lot better than V, or whatever that show is with the insulting “Modern family” or “Middle”… lame not to mention the predictable drama of something called “Revenge” come on guys… Well I guess its back to the Netflix and Old SG1 reruns…

September 26, 2011 at 11:32 pm
(124) Erica says:

I really liked this show as well. We get a taste of a different show that is out there and then nothing the next year? Yeah, I agree with some people….we get another reality show or some cop show or what nots…and then you take something like this out. Yeah, it stinks. But what do we know (sarcasm).

September 29, 2011 at 6:29 pm
(125) matt says:

I thought no ordinary family and V were the best shows ever on tv!

they made sense and unlike family guy, simpsons, glee, modern family and ncis are very stupid and pointless!!!! all other shows on tv have gotten boring for me! these shows: no ordinary family, V, and rasing hope are very humorous and just have a great story line. even modern family is stupid and just way worse than no ordinary family!! they brought new life to TV!!! i watched all the episodes i could!!!

no ordinary family should be the new modern family!
it is actually more like modern family’s in the modern world other than super powers but makes it better and more entertaining to me!!! im 16 and i know tv shows and movies better than some!!!

October 10, 2011 at 6:32 pm
(126) The Bear says:

It does my head in !! Whenever you get into a tv show on any channel, some bean counter decides to axe it.
I REALLY enjoyed, No ordinary Family, The Event, Jericho, Flashforward etc. To all channel executives
Don’t opt for the predictive route, take a risk and keep them going.

October 15, 2011 at 10:20 pm
(127) modezte says:

Who ever is in charge of cacncelling such a good show should be fired, because they have no sense in knowing whats good and whats not.

November 1, 2011 at 11:38 pm
(128) Texas Giant says:

What the hell man?! O.k. the Event sucked; but No Ordinary Family? Com on man…. that was a good show, last seasons cliff hanger was tight. How many seasons of According to Jim did they give us? And that show sucked. And I thought Fox was bad. I’m out.

November 20, 2011 at 9:17 pm
(129) anon says:

I never watched No Ordinary Family because the name sounded stupid, but when it was available to watch instant on netflix, I watched it not really expecting anything, and loved it! The reason no one watched it is that the name sounded corny! If only it had a different name it might have attracted people and earned a second season.

November 20, 2011 at 11:31 pm
(130) Gen says:

Ugh, This show was awsome i really loved joshua and now his child will never be born >:( tv r idiots i mean really Glee is a freakin musical that wont end BRING THE SHOW BACK pleae and ty

November 24, 2011 at 7:04 pm
(131) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR says:

GGGRRRRRR!!!!!! That was my favorite show I never watched any other show and when the last episode showed I thought it was the end of season one and so I waited and one year later here I am screaming like a child because it got canceled!!!!! Now my life is forever ruined thanks for building me up with excitement and suspension only to break my heart and eat it for dinner!!!! Thanks. Way to go ABC you really outdid yourselves to crush others hearts…………. Grrrrrr….. what am I supposed to watch now jerks???????? A dumb musical or fairy tale reanactment??? I don’t think I will evere be able to enjoy or even look at tv again with out thinking of the best show EVER!!!!!!!!!Way to go ABC…. Way to go… :”””’(

November 28, 2011 at 4:52 pm
(132) Eric Sellers says:

I had no idea this show was on untill I found it on Netflix. Finally a show my 8 year old son and my wife could watch together as a family. I can’t watch CSI with my son, or any of the reality TV shows. If you are going to be a Network owned by Disney, do what Walt himself would have done, go with your heart and make shows that family’s can watch together. Or renew the show on the Disney Channel, I would take that even, just don’t cancell a good show.

November 30, 2011 at 9:38 am
(133) josh says:

I thought the show had a lot of potential but the writers really screwed the pooch. Most of the situations the family faced in the first four or five episodes were lame and by the time the show started to get interesting it was too late

December 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm
(134) Joe says:

If we were to tell everyone it’s a reality show I’m sure it wouldn’t have been cancelled. They just want trash on tv now a days… This sucks!!!!!

December 2, 2011 at 2:01 am
(135) Marianne says:

I was wondering what happened to this show. I’ve been looking forward to the new season,. I hope they don’t cancel it. I liked the story of Daphne and Joshua.
There are not many shows I enjoy on tv these days.
Please don’t cancel this show……

December 4, 2011 at 7:27 pm
(136) Selena says:

My son who is 8 was asking me again tonight when his favorite show was coming back on again. It use to be all the shows came back on in September after finishing in the spring. Now there seems like new shows or seasons can start whenever the networks say so. When NOF did not come On in September I did not even think about it. We never really got hooked on the show last year until after Christmas and happened upon it by accident. Every Tuesday night after that my son would crawl into my bed with me to watch the show (as it was on past his bedtime), but he just had to see it. My other two children liked it as well. It was one of only a few shows that we will watch together. Normally I can’t stand the cartoons, kiddie shows and Disney Channel programming they love and they would disapprove of the shows I liked. It was something that we all found something in we liked. In a way it was like some of the better Disney movies where the kids like it for the cartoons while the adults like it for some of the jokes with double meanings. It was so nice to have a show on tv that was good and clean without being boring or dry. We never knew what would happen next and wished the show was on for more than one hour. In fact the first time we watched it we thought that it was a made for tv movie. When we realized that it was going to be on every week we were thrilled. My son was very unhappy to learn that this show had been cancelled. It was like waking up Christmas morning to open all your presents as a child only to realize all that was in them was clothes and no toys – even the one from your favorite aunt who had always given you exactly what you had wanted every single year. Now we are on the search for another family favorite. Scary to say it but for now we are looking forward to Billy the Exterminator. Only problem is we don’t know when that new season will start, and the new episodes are on at 11:00 at night. DVR is okay but it’s just not the same. I think we will have to go online and see if we can be happy with reruns of this show. If anyone from ABC is still listening to this post – it’s not too late to bring the show back on again. Please five us another chance. If you can’t see it in your network hearts to bring it back on for a season, could you please make a made for tv movie to tie up some of the loose ends you left us with? Please don’t break the hearts of so many families who are just trying to find a good reason to sit down together and find something that makes everyone happy. We do lots of fun things together as a family and we go out and exercise -don’t get me wrong we are not a bunch of tv junkies, however it would be nice to sit down together and watch something together instead of the 5 of us all heading to a different tv set at prime time to view our personal favorites every night! Please hear us and bring back our favorite show!!!!!!

December 5, 2011 at 8:47 pm
(137) Trevor says:

I guess the show did not have enough graphic violence for today’s society. That is a shame. It was one of the few shows my son and I could enjoy together.

December 7, 2011 at 11:08 pm
(138) J.T. says:

I, just as the millions that have googled ‘is no ordinary family cancelled’, feel deeply saddened by the news that this amazing show was wrongfully cancelled. I agree with Sam who said, on July 8th, 2011, that the most likely reason the show got less viewers than expected was because the time it was aired. I enjoy this show especially because I am a teenager in high school and I feel a relation to J.J. Because of the actions J.J. made to win Natalie over, it inspired me to do something similar, which resulted in my happy relationship. Seeing that this show is being cancelled has made me, I admit, shed a tear because the feeling of anticipation and excitement this show has given me every episode without fail is a feeling that I don’t want to lose. As J.J. would say, cancellation of this show is ‘blasphemy!’

December 10, 2011 at 6:37 am
(139) CJ says:

I wish this show was still on the air as well. My family all watched this show together and looked forward each week to watching it. Cancelled…what a shame!!

December 10, 2011 at 8:05 pm
(140) danielle says:

i loved that show i allways have shows on almost every night but now i have suckish tuesday plz put it back on i thought it was a hit to last and many of my friends were first watching it because i had told them about it and were disappointed they could only see a few episodes

December 18, 2011 at 2:22 am
(141) Selena says:

Thats sooooo lame!!!! This was the best family show in a long time! I was looking forward to the second season after watching the entire first season in one weekend on netflix. I’m really disappointed in whoever chooses to cancels shows.

December 21, 2011 at 5:30 am
(142) randy says:

oh my gosh i loved this show and abc cancelled it, they need to reevaluate their ratings system because i truly believe this show had a huge fan base. i myself never watched it on tv but online, and im sure that millions who worked late hours just like me were viewing it online too. it brought back a sense of family life on television shows, plus it was a refreshing burst of clean cut tv without explicit sexual content like vampire diaries true blood and so on. They should bring back this show.

December 21, 2011 at 4:39 pm
(143) livia says:

soooo……i think thst show is really great and it keeps me interesting, instead of watching something that deals with family and friends we watch trash that’s corrupting our minds THANK YOU AMERICA and their right decision. Its just like THE INCREDIBLES, they can put out 2 car movies which is only for kids and is not that great but take forever to put out another incredible movie which is for the whole family and way better.

December 22, 2011 at 5:24 am
(144) Joe says:

Just because there were people that didn’t enjoy No Ordinary Family didn’t mean that there weren’t people that did. I know that I’m not the only person who would say that I really enjoyed the TV series and it makes me upset that it was cancelled. Network TV has failed once again… Thanks for nothing Network TV.

December 30, 2011 at 9:59 pm
(145) Belsy McDonald says:

This was the only show I looked forward to watch. I hate reality shows, Crime investigation shows. Seems that people does not like good clean entertainment! I loved this show and I am sad to see it go!

December 30, 2011 at 11:48 pm
(146) Jessica says:

No Ordinary Family show was great. ABC seems to canceled all good shows. SUCKS.

January 1, 2012 at 12:23 am
(147) joe says:

You top executives don’t know everything. In fact you don’t know when you have a great family show right in front of your face. Looked forward to it every week. Mkae the right decision and bring the show back and promote it better. Very disappointed.

January 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm
(148) Kat says:

The show was GREAT.. Bring it BACK… the whole story is great.. it makes you want to be one of them.. You got to Bring it BACK

January 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm
(149) laura says:

I loved the show “no ordinary family” I never understood y they had to cancel it. My hope is that they might just bring it back some day. It was a great and entertaining show that had something for everyone. And should come back.

January 5, 2012 at 5:17 am
(150) Johan says:

Hey people, I also loved this show but… please there are some other series left that aint total crap. please save those while you can. Start watching:
Once upon a time or Terra Nova.
2 really good shows that I hope they won’t cancel in the nearest future. I’m from sweden btw…

January 9, 2012 at 8:20 pm
(151) becks says:

I live in UK, I loved no ordinary family never missed a show, that’s 2 shows from USA I can’t watch anymore. They stop showing dancing with the stars too. Gutted :(

January 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm
(152) RJ says:

It was the show that got me to watch ABC for the first time in years. The only other show I use to watch on ABC was Jeopardy but my local ABC channel had dropped it some time back so there is NO REASON for me to watch ABC now.

January 13, 2012 at 5:36 pm
(153) suzie says:

I loved No Ordinary Family, I thought it was the next biggest show as lost, kept you on your toes. I would love them to bring it back as they were very good. It was a hit in the UK. Please please can we have it back on, maybe Sky or channel 4 please, something to look forward to.

January 15, 2012 at 2:51 pm
(154) kristina kempster says:

cant believe they are going to cancel such a great programe no ordinary family is brillant . loved watching it with the family .

January 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm
(155) Trovador Dauz says:

BRING THIS SHOW BACK..PERIOD!

January 16, 2012 at 7:25 pm
(156) Henrietta says:

There were other shows too, that should have stayed. I so wish that we the people control what we wanna watch. I have already stopped watching SCI FI channet because some of my most loved showed are gone. Have not been on sci fi in a year. Only thing I guess I can watch now is the news in the morning. I am now on Netflix watching those episodes of those cancelled shows. “”sign”"” This is so unfair. But what can we do. Not a thing. Soon no one will be watching TV….

January 16, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(157) Pamela says:

I Loved No Ordinary Family!!!! I never missed a show I couldent wait for season 2 I bought all of season 1 so i could rewatch them…BRING BACK THIS SHOW. It was so amazing!

January 18, 2012 at 10:29 pm
(158) dad says:

Great for the whole family kids and parent friendly. Its a shame networks don’t understand.

January 19, 2012 at 9:55 pm
(159) Lael Sauter says:

That’s very unfortunate. My whole family would gather together to watch this show every Tuesday. It had family values, and a mix of drama, thrill, moderate violence. It is so lame that shows like the Kardashians, Housewives of Orange County, blah blah blah throw up..ahem, seem to make it. This is too bad. Hope the network gives it another shot.

January 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm
(160) Kent says:

Just goes to show us what morons run ABC case in Point Star Trek, look what they did, find another network who needs ABC anyway?

January 21, 2012 at 8:57 pm
(161) Keisha says:

No Ordinary Family and The Event were the best shows on TV. I want the shows to come back. I’m tired of all the reality, law, and doctors shows. They mixed up TV and give people something to really talk about.

January 22, 2012 at 3:30 am
(162) scott says:

The problem now is that shows with morality are the ones being cancelled there was no blood and guts nor was there almost xrated skin scenes that’s why family was canceled if the the cosbys were to try to air now instead of its original airing it would not make it one season

January 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm
(163) hlm says:

I had to go to netflix to get to see this show again, and was left hanging— My family was into it too, only to find out that it is on the chopping block. I feel like there is nothing on TV anymore, unless it is bloody, too sexy for my kids or those STUPID REALITY Shows. Please reconsider keeping this show on the air, and advertise it more, once you start watching it, you get hooked. Thanks.

January 25, 2012 at 12:46 pm
(164) Earl Long says:

Why does a good show (as far as I’m concerned) canceled when all these reality shows that are stupidly scripted keep adding up . Signed : giving up on tv.

January 29, 2012 at 11:19 am
(165) Maria says:

My family made this something we all sat down together and watched. We were so looking forward to the next season as it is hard to find a family show like this.
Our family ranges in age from tween, teen to 40′s and 50′s so I think we fit all the “money making” years. Like everyone before me, we are watching less and less tv bcs of inappropriate content, this may be why there are less and less “good programs” on tv and they are missing that point.
Heroes was another such show we enjoyed but at the end, they added things that were not femily friendly- perhaps this is why ratings dropped to cancellation level?

February 1, 2012 at 7:21 pm
(166) Tyler says:

its been months after this show has been cut off i started watchin this a month ago on netflix and it was too good to stop i say its pretty dumb that the network have seen this. all ive got to say is ethier more episode or a movie to wrap up the cliffhanger left at the end cause coming from a high school student who usually watchs shows like bevis & butthead and family guy this show was great

February 2, 2012 at 12:16 am
(167) tony thomas says:

Like everyone else, i am not at all happy about the show’s cancellation.Damn you guys!

February 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm
(168) Dougie says:

Just finished the last episod and I cannot believe you canceled this show witha whole new possible great ideas for new episodes. The next chapter beginning with the family working for the government , this would have been a great novel, one you could t put down.

February 7, 2012 at 10:43 pm
(169) audrey says:

I was so disappointed when I found out NOF was cancelled, and only found out to-day, why, and that was by reading all the comments. I waited and waited for it to come back in its new season, but found out firstly the time was changed,(I did not know that) and then the show was cancelled, because they say the ratings were not high enough. However, the comments given since April/2011 and STILL COMING shows how many people actually watched the show and loved it. We are all so disappointed. NETWORK, did you really do your homework? Did you actually watch the show ? …………..I believe it was definitely one of the better shows on tv in a long time and you cancelled it … you did, you cancelled it……

February 8, 2012 at 4:42 am
(170) Hannah says:

I know that the show seemed corny but I don’t think we have enough clean family style shows. Once I saw the first episode, I was hooked! I am very disappointed in the cancellation, I really wanted to know what kind of super power George will have and also the little super baby. All the romance, comedy, action, family and corn all rolled into one show! I loved it and wish it would come back :-( In fact I stayed up almost all night watching episode after episode on netflix, I kept wanting to know what happened next. Anyways, if anyone that has some kind of super power to bring it back, I would appreciated it. Maybe have them do episodes made for netflix or something, or have someone inject it with some of that green stuff that makes things come back to life….

February 8, 2012 at 4:57 pm
(171) Skyegirl18 says:

See ABC this is how its start. With a little message of what people are getting tired of. What the people want. Soon your network will just go to the internet for broadcasting like All My Children on with the rest of you mega network giants. Because the generation of chldren I’m raising, they will be taught NOT to watch TV but to into LIFE right in front of thier faces…

I WONT MISS Television when its gone!!!!

February 10, 2012 at 6:52 pm
(172) Dani says:

I watched NOF on Netflix and LOVED it. It is an appropriate show for families, not full of GARBAGE in most all TV shows. I am completely bummed that it was cancelled and there is no season 2. BIG MISTAKE. Wouldn’t you think with all these comments you should revive it?????

February 15, 2012 at 3:32 am
(173) Dale says:

I don’t care what time slot it is in, … that’s what DVRs are for. I enjoyed watching the show with my daughter, and looked forward to the new season opener. It was a big surprise to me that the show is in jeopardy. I hope they pull through.

February 18, 2012 at 9:48 pm
(174) Allison says:

No Ordinary Family and The Event, are good family shows. If the network don’t want these shows, there are alot of other stations that should pick these shows up. Does everything have to have a billion ppl watching it, in order for it to be good? Come on guys.

February 23, 2012 at 10:39 am
(175) cheese lover says:

I watched No Ordinary Family with my dad and my sister on netflix every chance I had. I HATE that it was canceled! It seems like every show we watch ends up getting canceled like Kyle xy (although it would never be better than No Ordinary Family). What are they gonna do next, cancel Teen Wolf?!?!

February 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm
(176) charalove4u says:

I really liked both shows No ordinary family, and the event. I thought No ordinary family was a fun way to look at family dynamics and I always love superheros. As for the event, now I will never know what the event was. I hope that they have atleast a show that ties it all up for the viewers or lets us buy it on dvd to see what would happen. I really think if tues was a good night for No ordinary family move it to another night then. I would still watch it. I really liked the characters on the Event and the story was so unique. I thought that it was great. If Abc is listening I don’t usually respond but I am now. I want both shows back. I watch revenge too and I really like that show as well.

March 16, 2012 at 12:22 pm
(177) Thomas Lamprey says:

Not fair to just cancel a TV show due to its low ratings.
I’m pretty sure there are other shows that received lower ratings than this TV show.
This is family show and my family enjoyed this very much.
What other shows are able to perfectly fuse superheros with that of a family drama?
I would love to see one other than NO ORDINARY FAMILY.
The ABC hq need to take mass surveys and should have thought of the after results canceling the show.

March 16, 2012 at 12:22 pm
(178) Thomas Lamprey says:

Not fair to just cancel a TV show due to its low ratings.
This is family show and my family enjoyed this very much.
I would love to see one other than NO ORDINARY FAMILY.

March 17, 2012 at 1:18 am
(179) Duane Dalenberg says:

Just finished watching on Netflix. The best shows for families to watch together go in the trash while the crappy reality shows and totally redundant crime shows survive. Apparently the networks cater to the mindless minority of viewers who salivate over rhetoric, sheer idiocy and completely ignorant programming prevalent in the totally boring channel line ups.

March 19, 2012 at 11:45 am
(180) Junius says:

I didn’t read all 179 comments but I think it is safe to say that I agree with the 99% who loved the show. I missed the ratings thing because when I awoke one day the show was just gone with the wind. I am just finding out what happened. It’s a damn shame that the networks have so much power over the viewing audiences.

April 4, 2012 at 12:51 pm
(181) Trey says:

I mean, the show was great. My family used to meat at the TV for this show. We do not watch TV often, but when we did, it was on Tues. night. Man that sucks!

April 7, 2012 at 5:47 pm
(182) Cathy says:

This was the best show ever! i loved it! it was such a let down to know that it was going away just because some people didn’t like it! this sucks!

April 9, 2012 at 10:17 pm
(183) Lay Low says:

Why? Why? Why? Bring it back @ once!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2012 at 10:23 pm
(184) Lay Low says:

Why? Why? Why? Bring back No Ordinary Family that waz a very good show!!!!!! I liked it, my wife liked, & even our kidz liked that show!!!!!!!!

May 8, 2012 at 2:15 am
(185) Ben says:

My wife & I watched this show on Netflix looking forward to watching season 2 only to find it was cancelled after the first season. This is too bad What an excellent show. I want to know what powers were we going to see from George? Bad bad networks shame on you for leaving us hanging!

May 12, 2012 at 8:44 pm
(186) Yvette Mays says:

Please bring back The Cape and No Ordinary Family the new shows are so boring that I don’t watch tv no more. I watch The Cape and No ordinary Family on my computer

July 8, 2012 at 9:22 pm
(187) Aimee says:

It`s not fair. I loved this show. It became a tradition to sit in front of the TV at 8 on Thursday nights to watch No ordinary family, but now, All we watch are fashion related shows. Personally, I thought the show was great.

July 15, 2012 at 9:32 pm
(188) Jessica says:

I am so sad to hear the show was cancelled it’s so
Sad because all that people want is blood and not cuality like this show.
I hope they air it again

August 4, 2012 at 5:15 pm
(189) Kris says:

nooooooooooooo why was this show cancelled i just watched it on netflex in hopes for new episodes. this show nof is one of the show i could actually watch with my family. it was sooo good. abc needs to bring it back. bring back

September 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm
(190) Terrance says:

Wow! I miss this show. My son and I looked forward to seeing this show on Tuesday’s…. DVR was ready when I was unavailable:-)

September 16, 2012 at 11:49 am
(191) Aa gio says:

If a show doesn’t 1 of 3 things it’ll be cancelled:
1.) a strong homosexual sub-theme
2.) a strong female main character who rises above the female archetype to defeat the oppressive males round her, or
3.) a dominant minority in a lead role, then….

The show will be cancelled. Simple as that. Think I’m wrong, do some research, and watch what shows get to stay, and shows get the boot.

November 6, 2012 at 3:33 pm
(192) Lulie says:

Well, I finally got my answer and I can’t believe No Ordinary Family was canceled. These executives make the dumbest decisions. There are so lack luster shows on that I resort to non primetime channels. Why should I even be surprised because they also canceled Pushing Daisies,another one of my faves.

February 28, 2013 at 11:54 am
(193) moises says:

I just want to say this show was good , I used to watched it with my two daughters and we had a lot of fun doing so.

April 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm
(194) zoe-eloise says:

wow !!! i loved that series i wish it would carry on !!! :( :’(

June 25, 2013 at 8:35 pm
(195) Sandra Louise says:

I really enjoyed this show. Perhaps it did not get the right airtime and marketing exposure. Is there anyway to vote it back on the air?