1. Entertainment

Legend of the Seeker Canceled

By May 3, 2010

Craig Horner in (I)Legend of the Seeker(/i).

Craig Horner in Legend of the Seeker.

© ABC Studios

After two years of seeking justice for the Midlands, Richard Rahl's quest has finally ended. ABC Studios, responding to syndication failure—Tribune, which carried the series on its stations, said in March that it wouldn't air a third season—and unable to find a new distributor, is reportedly ending the Seeker's story. There is, however, no official word, though EW's Michael Ausiello is absolutely certain that Legend of the Seeker is dead.

Costar Bridget Regan seemed to confirm the news in a tweet: "Got some news that Seeker is no more. So sad to say goodbye to my NZ family but excited for what's next."

The season's viewership started at about 2.5 million in November, but the April 10th episode barely brought in two million--not strong enough to attract a new distributor, though cult series on cable have gotten renewals with less. Syndication, however, is a chancier game.

The New Zealand-produced adaptation of Terry Goodkind's novels started out strong, with steady viewer interest during the first season's struggle between Richard (Craig Horner), helped by Zed (Bruce Spence) and Kahlan (Bridget Regan), against the evil ruler Darken Rahl (Craig Parker).

But the series stumbled a bit in the second season, starting out with a poorly executed (and poorly cast) season opener, complete with an irritating/sexy/really irritating new companion, Cara (Tabrett Bethell), and an infuriatingly vague threat from the Keeper of the Underworld and his new minion, the dead-but-how-can-you-tell Darken Rahl. Meanwhile, the aspect of the show I initially celebrated--the fact that it wasn't undermining itself with tongue-in-cheek camp like Xena and Hercules--descended into a leaden earnestness that, Bruce Spence's wonderful nuttiness aside, really detracted from the show's guilty-pleasure appeal.

Still, there was a lot of potential in the storylines, the music won an Emmy (no kidding) and the production values are high, and Craig Horner has on occasion turned in impressive performances, so this cancellation is a real shame. Season 2 had some really charming moments, and despite the rocky road they've traveled this year I was looking forward to the possibility of the character development that often comes in the third season of a character-driven action series.

The creators will have seen this possibility coming, so the final episode of season 2 has probably long been planned to provide some closure for Richard, Kahlan, and Zed. Here's hoping that they're happy in their new offscreen lives, and that somewhere down the line we can visit them in a one-off TV movie or two.
Follow me on Twitter  |  Follow me on Facebook

Comments

May 3, 2010 at 3:23 am
(1) DeLacy says:

I am SO sad. I really like this show, in fact, it’s getting better and better. I am LIVID. If I ever come across some money, I will bring this back. The books ruled back in the day and this series was outstanding on its own. From casting, to costuming to acting, really well done. Boooooooooo.

May 3, 2010 at 4:50 am
(2) Baruch says:

The series was poorly advertised, I only by chance found out about it this year. All but one of my firends never heard of it. The firend who did loves it as much as I do.

Is there some one I and others can write to to express our desire for a third season. With so much trash on TV, it is criminal that this show won’t be renewed.

May 3, 2010 at 7:07 am
(3) Milo Cook says:

Sad to see this, and a shame SyFy doesn’t grab it as they did Merlin, alongside which it would do well.

But the previous poster is correct – it’s barely promoted at all, and most people I know never heard of it at all. It’s hard to say a show fared poorly when it barely received a proper chance.

May 3, 2010 at 8:24 am
(4) Michelle says:

Very Sad to hear of this, I will admit this show was poorly advertised. I just found out about it by googling The Sword of Truth! If I would have known this was on my television I would have been an avid viewer!!!

May 3, 2010 at 9:04 am
(5) Sally says:

You can sign a petition, it’s called ” Save our seeker”

May 3, 2010 at 11:21 am
(6) Michael Martinez says:

It seems the real reason why the show is in trouble is that the Tribune Company, whose Broadcasting arm runs 23 television stations, dropped the show in March. Tribune has been in bankruptcy for 19 months and is fighting with its creditors to remain a viable entity. They have asked the FCC to allow them to create a new, debt-free broadcasting company that keeps the 23 stations.

Tribune has a reputation for not supporting genre shows so if they really feel the ratings were not good that’s their own fault. Their inability to consistently run syndicated action/adventure shows has been a source of pain to genre fans for many years.

On the other hand, LOTS costs $1 million per episode — so Tribune may simply have not been able to make enough money on advertising to pay the distribution fees. Since they don’t have merchandising to offset advertising revenue losses, the decision could have been as simple as “we need to cut all our losing content NOW!”

May 3, 2010 at 12:35 pm
(7) Shane says:

Though the show has been rumored cancelled, it isn’t official yet. The fans have been rising up all over the world to save it. Check out http://www.saveourseeker.com

May 3, 2010 at 12:39 pm
(8) queenb13 says:

Thank you for bringing attention to this amazing show. I am a little disappointed in your comments about season 2, which imho is even better than season 1. Kinda made me want to ask, “What shows have you been watching?” LOL! Most reviews this season have been very good, and for the most part, the ratings are up from last year.

But then again, everyone is entitled to their opinion…

It’s sad to see this show suffer due to the fact that most people have stumbled upon it quite by accident, and most people who do watch regularly are probably not aware that word is the show is being canceled.

Point being, we the fans do not “claim” the show has had poor time slots and poor promotion, that’s true, and those of us trying to save this show are not really a very small group of “rabid” fans. (You haven’t said this, thank you, but some have, and I just needed to say that!)

As unlikely as it may seem, we will continue to spread the word, and hopefully the larger audience will jump on the bamdwagon once they are aware of the situation…

Thanks again!

May 3, 2010 at 12:51 pm
(9) Marcus says:

Why state the show has been canceled if, as you put it, there is no official word from Disney/ABC?

Personally, I thought the second season improved on the first, but that’s me, a big Cara fan.

Either way, Legend of the Seeker fans everywhere would appreciate if you also mentioned the fan campaign to get the show a third season.

Check it out: http://www.saveourseeker.com

Thanks for your attention!

May 3, 2010 at 1:10 pm
(10) William says:

I don’t understand how a show like this which is very well produced and written with high quality cinematography can be axed while a similar show like Merlin that isn’t as well produced is staying. What a shame. I definitely agree that this show was lacking of publicity. The only reason I found it on the second season is because I accidentally found it on netflix.com.

May 3, 2010 at 2:32 pm
(11) Susan says:

This is really too bad. This is the kind of show that should be on the Sy-Fy channel — not wrestling though that is fiction of a sort.

May 3, 2010 at 3:22 pm
(12) Aquarius says:

I’m not as bummed about this news as I would’ve been if Jolene Blalock hadn’t been replaced as Nicci. Anyone know what the deal was with that?

May 3, 2010 at 9:33 pm
(13) Zelka says:

I am devastated. Seriously network execs and whoever else had a hand in canceling this amazing show must be delt with severely. All we see on tv today are reality shows. Who gives a hell about them? And when we get a decent show, we get it’s not getting enough veiwers?? It’s fustrating as hell to be a veiwer.

May 3, 2010 at 10:21 pm
(14) C.J. says:

Okay, here’s another good show about to be replaced with a dud or reallity show. Am I the only one who doesn’t like shows that suck? Let’s talk about Stargate U-really? That replaces SGA-why? SGU waiting for it to be canceled and I won’t be sad…..the cast is ALL wrong too, no chem.

May 4, 2010 at 2:29 am
(15) Jeremy says:

Seeker Fans please go support the show

Go to http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/LOTS3 and sign the petition it can help save the show.

May 4, 2010 at 9:19 am
(16) lyndall kreutzfeldt says:

im So Sad!!!!!!!!!! y y y!!! i will never watch tv again, with out legend tv is just boring!!!!

May 4, 2010 at 12:05 pm
(17) Paul says:
May 9, 2010 at 12:39 pm
(18) Blue says:

i love legend of the seeker and i think that it is an AMAZING show. however, in the latest episode called Eternity, was good, except for the stupid love affair between Cara and her x-girlfriend. i am DONE watching shows full of stupid gay lovers, that get in the way, and while watching this show, i was glad that i didn’t have to deal with having to watch gay kissing scenes. sadly, i turned out to be wrong thanks to this new episode. if i have to see one more kissing scene between Cara and anyone else of the same sex, i WILL quit watching this show!

May 9, 2010 at 10:15 pm
(19) Meeeowwwwww says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW ITS THE ONLY ONE I WATCH AND IT GETS ONLY BETTER AND BETTER I REALLY HOPE THIS DOES NOT GET CANCELED

May 10, 2010 at 8:48 am
(20) Jessica Jones says:

Legend of the Seeker has not been officially canceled–there is still HOPE. PLEASE be pro-active in saving this fantastic show! Our fan base is large, diverse, and very dedicated. We have gained ground in our fight, and have many on-going projects. Click on the link below to go to the largest fan site to learn what we are doing to keep our Seeker–and how YOU can help—FANS UNITE

This link takes you to a central location-you will find everything you need to get involved in our campaigns!

May 11, 2010 at 11:21 pm
(21) jrdorlon says:

Seeker Fans please go support the show

Please! pass the word…

May 12, 2010 at 8:14 pm
(22) Sharon says:

Go to Facebook “Legend of the Seeker” we want season 3,4,5,6.. There is quite a campaign on to save the show and rumblings that it was NOT cancelled! Check it out. Get involved!

May 16, 2010 at 3:37 am
(23) Jessica Jones says:

Attention all Legend of The Seeker fans:

I encourage you to join the Massive Mailing Campaign. We will be contacting television stations in order to secure a new home for our favorite show to air on! The first station we will target is TNT on Monday, May 17.

Please visit http://forums.legendoftheseeker.org/showthread.php/2808-ATTN-Plan-to-Contact-TV-Stations-Organized for details.

Get involved–emailing or writing a letter takes as little as 5 minutes. We even have samples for you to use if you are not confident in writing.

We have the full support of Terry Goodkind in our campaign efforts, and have published ads in 2 prominent entertainment industry magazines, Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.

Join us–become a warrior to Save Our Seeker!

May 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm
(24) Jared says:

That Sucks! This was an awesome show! The show was not the problem, it was the lack of marketing. The studio doomed this show. Shows you that they only care about money and not what people want to watch.

May 20, 2010 at 3:00 pm
(25) Desmond L. says:

I liked the actors, but let’s be honest here, this show is pretty mediocre. If it follows the books, which aren’t great either, it’s just going to get worse. So might as well end it all now.

May 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm
(26) jonathan says:

This sucks!
Legend is an awesome series and it would be a great shame
that such a unique program were dropped, while “reality” crap goes on and on.
I’m surprised Syfy doesn’t jump on the chance; they’ve produced almost nothing worth while besides the brilliant Battlestar Galactica.
Lets do what we can to save this show! Who else can we write to!?

May 24, 2010 at 8:47 pm
(27) Laurie says:

This is LITERALLY the only show on TV that I follow, I am so fed up with the kind of junk that enthralls most TV viewers today! I don’t know what I’ll do if they cancel this- watch old episodes on Netflix I guess. SO disappointed!

June 11, 2010 at 11:26 pm
(28) Sabrina says:

They can’t cancel this show….it’s AMAZING!!!!! I love everything about the show and I couldn’t wait to see how the relationship between the characters was going to grow. You guys have to give us a third season!!!!!!!

August 9, 2010 at 9:48 am
(29) ricky says:

this show is one of the best i have ever watched, i dont want it to go just yet, i want to be amazed more with the thrill of watching and wanting more, if this show leaves i will lose the feelings of wanting more, please dont take it from me.

August 12, 2010 at 4:39 am
(30) Andre says:

It confirms for me what I have thought all along…TV Execs don’t know what they heck they are doing. I knew nothing of this show, stumbled upon it by accident, which means they didn’t advertise it at all or did so very poorly. I fell in love with it right away and I am not a avid TV watcher…I got hooked. I told friends about it and they got hooked too. I miss the days when they would let a show catch fire over time. Now if it doesn’t hit instantly, it’s head is already headed to the chopping block. Fast food television. Sad days for creative, quality entertainment. This show had twisting story lines, was well shot, had great fight scenes, romance, mystery, drama, action…ah well, guess we’ll have to watch “So You Think You Can Dance”….Sad.

August 12, 2010 at 4:42 am
(31) Andre says:

You guys suck so bad!! I am a 50 year old adult male, and have seen my share of terrible television get 10 -14 years of shows. We finally get something good and you all choose to not believe in it or get behind it. Who’s the moron in charge??!

August 23, 2010 at 3:08 pm
(32) Jostein Sikkeland says:

I stumbled upon this how just days ago, when they were showing episodes from season 1 on a channel.
I got hooked right away, it was so awesome! The characters are great, not only the way they’re played, but also the way they’re built, and how the progress. The stories are superb, and it was moments I was really sad when watching the show to moments I was like really happy that something worked out! Over the last three days, I’ve watched the whole show, and I did a search on season 3, only to find it is canceled… :(

This is the kind of show I really like, so I don’t understand why I did not come across it sooner – only that the marketing was HORRIBLE!

This show deserves so much more, and I really want to see more.

Like so many before me have said, help bring it back!

August 28, 2010 at 7:00 pm
(33) Rose says:

I loved this show! No reason now to watch tv on saturday nights. Please somebody bring back this show. Maybe this show was canceled and not promoted because it had characters that had values, morals, kindness, and honesty that just is not on tv any longer.

September 12, 2010 at 12:53 am
(34) Susan says:

So sad that they cancelled Legend of the Seeker. TV has become the pits. I loved the four main characters and will miss Richard, Kahlen, Cara and Zedd. I don’t understand how syndicated shows work, but it was soooo hard to find this program so no wonder not enough people were watching. I finally had to DVR Legend of the Seeker by requesting recordings at any time on the local station. Whoever did the programing had such a hard time against baseball games, and so many other distractions. It was all so unfair. I have stopped watching network TV because of the disgusting reality shows. It has become a wasteland.

September 20, 2010 at 9:09 pm
(35) Zenopheus says:

For what it’s worth, ignoring the obvious Cara girl kissing scene, I thought she performed her role perfectly.

September 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm
(36) cbs/nbc/etc_can_suck_it says:

It’s getting canceled because retarded excecs think Americans want to watch mindless reality shows non stop all day long.

Which is true. Most Americans do watch that trash and can not handle something as sophisticated, absorbing and intelligent such as the Legend of the Seeker.

Wal-Mart America vastly outnumbers intelligent America. Why do you think stupid ass American Idol has lasted this long?

They’ll keep canceling good shows like Jericho, Dead Zone(no closure after how many seasons? You SUCK!), 4400(no closure – wtf), Legend of the Seeker(oh god you execs suck), Heroes(….), Crusoe, Ghost Whisperer, Mercy, Flash Forward(this had great potential, you never gave it the chance though), Terminator: Sarrah Connor Chronicles(great show), Medium(it’ll get canceled again trust me), Law and Order(atleast let it beat out gunsmoke ffs), Robin Hood, and on and on and on……

Aside from the couple good shows still left on TV, when they are gone then I am done with TV. PERIOD.

I will only watch the weather and traffic after my other shows are gone(Spartacus, Medium, Dexter, Tru Blood, Walking Dead, V, Smallville(on its last season), vampire diaries, supernatural)……….

TV can suck my ass. Netflix ftw. Better yet – BOOKS ftw. I’ll go buy the freaken Legend of the Seeker books by Terry Goodkind and read them 900 times before I give you asses a chance ever again!

September 22, 2010 at 8:15 pm
(37) GerrysJewel says:

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER was probably the BEST show ever aired on TV. The quality was stunning from the location to the acting to the costumes – not to mention the best CGI on TV! The story line/writing was the best on any show, IMHO, and the show kept getting better and better with each episode.

I am so LIVID that this show was canceled. I just saw on the other page that MERLIN has been approved for Season 3 and that SYFY will air it. I *love* MERLIN as well and have been a faithful watcher since EP #1. I am very grateful that SYFY picked up MERLIN when NBC was too afraid was air anything different.

The kicker is that MERLIN received as many viewers or less than LEGEND yet MERLIN was renewed for another season. That really peeeeeeves me. But don’t get me wrong. I love MERLIN and will continue to watch. But why can’t LEGEND be renewed?? (girly whine)

(big sigh) Now I know why video games offer more entertainment than TV. Damn Shame

September 28, 2010 at 12:52 am
(38) Legendlover says:

I am VERY disappointed that Legend of the Seeker wasn’t on last night during the premiere season week. Just like the show not being advertised to viewers, neither was the cancellation! I am sick to death of reality TV. No need for imagination there, just a bunch of idiots being idiots on tv. Can we have some intelligent programming like Legend of the Seeker?

October 1, 2010 at 11:27 pm
(39) Billie says:

Another thing I think alot of die hard fans of the books was soley disappointed in the series…Nothing agasint the producers of course, but I mean I loved Xena but it didnt last long…Just re cast a few people and stick more to the books IMO. Ill lett you my perfect cast..

Tom Welling as Richard
Current Kahlan
Current Zed
Jerry Ryan – Cara (I even like the current one but I would revamp her a little)
Rhal – Jason Isaacs (With his blonde hair)
Nicci – Lucy Lawless

And Mostly I would stick more to the main story line…Again the action is awesome I have no complaints..Everything else looks fake. Spend some money to save this show!! lol Again just my opinon. Do better CGI

October 1, 2010 at 11:28 pm
(40) Bleo says:

Tom Welling as Richard
Current Kahlan
Current Zed
Jerry Ryan – Cara (I even like the current one but I would revamp her a little)
Rhal – Jason Isaacs (With his blonde hair)
Nicci – Lucy Lawless

And Mostly I would stick more to the main atory line…Again the action is awesome I have no complaints..Everything else looks fake. Spend some money to save this show!! lol Again just my opinon.

October 11, 2010 at 12:08 am
(41) ronald says:

bring back the Legend of the Seeker Canceled

October 12, 2010 at 4:53 pm
(42) dee says:

This is very saddening news. We just got turned onto this series and fell in love with the whole thing. The actors as beautiful and the stories heartening. If some effort to advertise the series had hhappened earlier there would be so many more people to watch. It is so sad to see TV staying with reality crap and poor taste comedies. Some people like to see content and look forward to seeing something other than stupidity and nudity.

November 7, 2010 at 12:40 am
(43) Shirley says:

Wow, I didn’t’ know it was cancelled. I’m wondering why I can’t find it on my guide, and of course when all else fails, check it out on the computer. Lo and behold I find that it is no more. I really enjoyed watching this every weekend. I would even program it in just so I wouldn’t miss it. How sad, I will miss all four characters. They each played their characters so well. I’m so sad!

November 7, 2010 at 12:42 am
(44) Shirley says:

It’s not like it was on Primetime. I couldn’t watch it until 2:30 early Sunday morn, and 1:30 early Monday morning. So, only those of us “night owls” knew about it. Just so sad!

November 13, 2010 at 3:16 pm
(45) jason elazier says:

i’m only 11 years old and i go to JOHN QUINCEY ADAMS MIDDLE SCHOOL and i love the series legend of the seeker i have seen every episode of legend of the seeker season 1 and season 2 my grandmother was the one who told me about legend of the seeker and ever since then i loved legend of the seeker

November 14, 2010 at 7:55 pm
(46) Scott says:

I truly am upset I was waiting for the 3rd season and now I find out that it is not going to be. I will miss this show it was one of the best I had ever seen.

November 18, 2010 at 8:42 pm
(47) joe bidley says:

I want Season 3,4, 5, 6 and so on for the LEGEND OF THE SEEKER! It is the BEST TV SERIES EVER!!! Much better than any other TV series I have seen! You have to give it a chance! If ABC is complaining that they only have a few millions of watchers then Tribune/ABC should check Hulu and Netflix website! LoS is watched by millions of people AROUND THE WORLD! They should negotiate with Hulu and Netflix for the movie showing. Please I need to watch it!! The most wholesome movie I have ever seen. The actors are just so great! And the Seeker always seeks the truth and tries to do everything right! Absolutely great!

November 23, 2010 at 8:44 am
(48) ibmelvin says:

This was a great show – I agree with another’s comment. POORLY ADVERTISED! If more people were aware of the show – more who have watched. This would have been ideal for Sci-Fi channel. Terry Goodkind’s series of books were fantastic and should be continued. I hope you are wrong and someone revisits this.

December 30, 2010 at 12:20 am
(49) sam says:

I want more of LoS!! I want season 3, 4, 5 and so on!! Please you have to continue this most wonderful TV series, the best action TV series and of course where you can watch some of the best actors in TV series!!

January 4, 2011 at 10:52 pm
(50) sing yu says:

It the best of the Spartacus, Xenna, Highlander, Lord of the Rings, Hercules, the Rider and Narnia combined!!! I would like to include Harry Potter but there is no sword fight in Harry Potter so I can not include it. What I am saying is – IT IS THE BEST TV SERIES in the WORLD but has the LEAST MARKETING!!! Please don’t let this go..I would like to watch more of LoS!!

February 5, 2011 at 2:49 pm
(51) Sky says:

I stumbled on LotS a few weeks ago… after it was cancelled!!!
Seriously! a TV show that good and you just STUMBLE on it while surfing the net AFTER it was cancelled?
I’ve since watched all the episodes and all I kept thinking was: Have the distributors ever heard of marketing?and what the hell were they thinking?How can there not be a season3?
would have loved to see the development of Cara’s character.Her comments are so hilarious:

When my servants drop things or grumble or whine
It’s never too long before they are back in line…

March 23, 2011 at 7:37 am
(52) Waffle247 says:

It’s sad that they’ve canned it. :( Another case of a network not giving a show the backing it needs then blaming the show for the lack of audience. ADVERTISE the show and replay from the start and watch the figures go up. That’s what happens when you let complete douchbags run a television network. Also Ugly Betty happens…. omg… please make it stop!

April 6, 2011 at 10:50 am
(53) Tammy says:

i love the books and i love this show. i cant believe shows like destination truth and other like ghost adventurers and paranormal activity, warehouse13, can pick up a distributor but legend of the seeker cant. and the guy whoever wrote this article about Cara calling her annoying and irritating, sir i can only assume you are gay. if you have read the books she has mastered her role and is absolutely gorgeous.

June 6, 2011 at 1:40 am
(54) Alecia says:
July 17, 2011 at 12:27 pm
(55) Ally says:

Still now am keep in waitin’ 4 the season 3 help us save our seeker

August 12, 2011 at 8:28 pm
(56) Nikorah says:

I LOVED this show! I agree with the fact that it was poorly advertised because I didn’t hear about it at all, I found it by browsing the tv series on netflix. Bring it back!!! I LOVED IT!

August 14, 2011 at 6:56 pm
(57) Par says:

Just found this show on Netflix and watched it through in about a week. I considered it my guilty pleasure, and despite the faults it had way more strengths. The chemistry, the cinematography, the score, just really well done. I’m a little sad I found this when it was too late to boost with my viewership.

November 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm
(58) Cara says:

I am very unhappy that there is a rumor for The Legend of the Seeker to be canceled as a very big fan of the show im writing this comment because i have watched both seasons and at the end of the second all though Richard completes his quest you are still left wondering whats going to happen next because of what Dark an Rahl does with Nikki although the keeper is subdued Dark an Rahl still has plans. Like many other fans i believe that The Legend of the Seeker must not be canceled, i believe that it would be a mistake if abc or sci-fi didn’t continue to air the show and THE KICKER IS THAT MERLIN RECEIVED AS MANY VIEWERS OR LESS THAN LEGEND yet MERLIN was RENEWED for ANOTHER SEASON!

November 27, 2011 at 10:10 am
(59) Nonyabuisness says:

*please don’t disregard this comment take into consideration what I have said* I don’t even think I saw a commercial for it Legend of the Seeker. Now you can promote it on facebook, twitter, ect; Its a very good show and would most likely have brought in 3million views a week had you played your card right to begin with. This show has potential and could be bigger then the Twilight series but you need someone who can manage the show the right way.

December 1, 2011 at 6:36 pm
(60) RSM says:

I’m in part glad it was canceled. I was so super excited when I heard that they were doing a series on one of my most favorite book series but the first nugget of doubt hit when I found out that the same people responsible for Xena and Hurcules were making it. Why? well I liked Xena and Hurcules well enough for what it was, they covered a topic that was/ is fairly open to speculation. But not The Sword of Truth series. There is a specific flow of the novels and ABC and whoever else (producers, writers, etc) barely even followed the story line true to the book, which is what made the damn story so good and compelling in the first place!! It’s similar to seeing Zefferelli’s Romeo & Juliet classic and then watching that abomination of a remake with DeCaprio. I wish all of these so called know-it-all network and movie companies would wake the hell up and realize the public likes or becomes a fan of something BECAUSE of what it is, don’t go changing it so much it’s barely a shadow of it’s original. That being said, the casting of LoS wasnt too bad, I could go with that, and I watched it only because I sold out my standards because it WAS loosly based on Goodkind’s work. I want a remake by HBO that follows as much as possible the true original story. They did a fantastic job with Game of Thrones and people effin love it. It pays off to stick to the damn story, Lord of the Rings did pretty good with it too, even Harry Potter. Goodkind is just as good as they are and his work deserves no less.

February 4, 2012 at 11:30 pm
(61) Tracy says:

This is not right!! i have and love all these books, and even though the series on tv is alittle different in some ways it was still really cool. i wish they would continue making them!!!

February 17, 2012 at 8:42 am
(62) QueenBee says:

I just finishing watching the two seasons on netflix. I loved it, can’t believe that the show got cancelled.

February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm
(63) TLOS forever says:

I am so bummed it was canceled!!!! not cool. just finished watching the season 2 and its awsomeee!! 2 million viewers sound like enough to me to keep this show going. </3

March 19, 2012 at 2:16 am
(64) ma says:

i am so sad we just finished the seires and it was a happy but sad ending with out any more. i am SO bummed. i wanted more to happen and it to keep going on for a season 3. thanks anyway for 2 good seasons.

March 26, 2012 at 4:03 am
(65) pev says:

we want season 3….Legend of the seeker is too good!!!

April 19, 2012 at 10:04 pm
(66) motherhen57 says:

I am really bummed too!! I just found the series and found out that it had been cancelled. They get good hows and cancel them and it is so upsetting. I loved Ghost Whisperer and it was cancelled too. They always leave you hanging!!

May 4, 2012 at 12:44 pm
(67) ms says:

that show was amazingly good and such acting such story and magics that was really perfect
this is just so sad i am so so sad about that and i still hope some day they pick it up and continue it
its not late i think

June 19, 2012 at 3:24 pm
(68) Louis says:

This is just one more cancellation in a long list of them. The problem is not with the execs or with the companies they genuflect to – they are simply the harbingers of doom. WE are the problem! STOP watching and supporting bad TV programming. They may control the airwaves, but we ultimately control their pocketbooks. REFUSE to support them. Change the channel or turn your TV set off when nothing good is on. FIGHT back. We made them all-powerful. Only we can unseat them.

Unfortunately, it may already be too late. We must overcome their forward momentum first before we can arrest their further development. So STOP lamenting our losses (and being reactive) and START swinging our ‘votes’ (and be proactive). Make them see we will not stand idly by while they wreck good television. MAKE a stand. It’s the only real way to make change.

June 22, 2012 at 4:19 pm
(69) Adrian says:

Huge shame that this show was cancelled. Only started watching couple of weeks back, finished and loved it. Sure the CGI could have been better and it was sort of predictable, but nevertheless the character progression is unmatched and the story really touches one deeply, really grew fond of the characters. Also +1 for the dude raving about flashforward as well. HUGE potential and then just cancelled. When will these dickhead companies ever learn that the masses are the one’s watching the series and we should have the deciding vote of cancellation. I can already see the same thing happening with Suits very soon.. Tisk tisk

July 6, 2012 at 2:12 am
(70) Ry says:

Goddamn… Give a spoiler warning. All I wanted to know was whether the damn show got an ending.

July 16, 2012 at 4:43 pm
(71) cristine says:

I LOVE THE SEEKER! THEY NEED TO PUT IT BACK ON / MAKE MORE EPISODES! THEY SHOULD HONESTLY MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF IT!!!

July 18, 2012 at 1:19 am
(72) alexis says:

Plz bring it back I love that show !…. Pppppppppllllllllllzzzzzzzzz

August 27, 2012 at 2:04 pm
(73) MovieDirector says:

I watched the series and I enjoyed it. I really think why this show did not get the high ratings it deserved is because, they didn’t have a superstar starring in this series, no main antagonist( bad guy boss) who can attract a big audience, lack of suspense and the underworld was wrongly presented(not good for children). If a great director has directed and written this series, this would been a big hit.
Sorry, fans, better luck next time.

August 28, 2012 at 1:58 am
(74) sonja says:

This show was amazing Im extremely disappointed about season 3 !!!! Someone needs to get season 3 on a roll !!!!

September 3, 2012 at 3:45 am
(75) Rachel says:

Whyyyyy!!!! This show was so good I could sleep till I was done watching the seasons 1&2 they were really good I wish the people who made this show whould make more seasons and used the same characters as the last cause noone could replace them… This show is really good awesome you never knows what would happen next very interesting show:)!

September 10, 2012 at 11:02 pm
(76) Glenda Findley says:

Of course, since I never get to watch TV, I caught this on Netflix which just put it on 2 years after it’s cancellation. I absolutely adore this series, probably more than any other I have ever watched, and I have been around a long time. It WAS getting better and better. I liked Cara. I thought she added a lot to the show, not at first, but she developed and she was beautiful as well. In fact, I have rarely seen so many beautiful women in a show. Craig’s acting definite got better and better. In fact, I found him very likeable through the entire series, and his relationship with Bridget was tense but sweet and very romantic in a never-to-happen kind of way (and the fact that it DID happen was even better). The least they could have done was to finish the series of books by Goodkind. They keep trash like Jersey Shore and all the desperate housewives for years and cancel this. There is no explaining things. I will sincerely miss not having this series finish.

September 19, 2012 at 2:43 am
(77) Moriah Grisham says:

How can they say the series died with the second season??? I feel the series only grew deeper and a third season should be created! I love this series! It is one of the series that inspired my drawings and writing!!! I have really grown attached to Richard, Kahlan, Zed, and even Kara! I even love the characters like Darken Rahl!!! I think a third season would only make it grow stronger! I tell almost everyone I meet about this series and they love it! I even write fan fictions about the series! I will cry tears of happiness if by some merical the Seeker returns to us! ^_^

September 19, 2012 at 2:58 am
(78) MoriahGrisham says:

A great series it was indeed! One of the best I’ve ever seen! Especially with the bad guys helping the good… Ofcorse they are still evil but it created a sort of attraction to the villains. I love that…. And the acting is amazing!!! I love it! Every last minute! I will always recommand this series to everyone asking for a good series!!! Its inspiring, deep, humorous, romantic, action-pacted, suspenseful, and everything else for a series to be successful!!! I looooove it!!!

September 22, 2012 at 11:11 am
(79) kenny says:

What’s really the problem? What cause the cancellation? Am waiting for the season!

October 1, 2012 at 10:21 pm
(80) Helen B. says:

I LOVE this show and am so sad that it was cancelled! I am doing eveything I can to help bring it back!

Helen

October 3, 2012 at 12:07 pm
(81) Alex G says:

Look i loved the show but it was poorly advertised, and poorly executioned often including irrelevant stories and series differences between the books and the tv show especially in the second series. So yes we will all miss the show but the reality is that its about money not about fan love

December 2, 2012 at 5:48 pm
(82) Sandra Mashar says:

I was very disappointed. When the 3rd season didn’t come on. I was really looking forwards. I wish u real considere to air it once more.

December 23, 2012 at 10:28 am
(83) Legend of the seeker says:

Please come back to season 3. There is a reason. In. The palace of the prophets a prophecy said. After the keeper is defeated there will be a new war. Make season 3 about fighting that war!

January 7, 2013 at 5:51 pm
(84) ed schipper says:

yes i agree, i never knew about the show till is was on netflix, i just got hook,t on it , but like a lot of shows that never make it no ads telling you about the show, to bad was very good

January 27, 2013 at 1:10 pm
(85) Jean says:

The best series movie ever is The Legend Of The Seeker.

February 5, 2013 at 4:34 am
(86) carlos says:

Never saw it advertised but I stumbled upon it and I loved it . if they would make more seasons I would definitely watch it

March 7, 2013 at 2:44 pm
(87) si says:

This show is amazing, im 3/4 of the way through season 1, so still got a lot to see. Amazed to find out its been cancelled after season 2. Will definately start the novels off the back of this

March 16, 2013 at 4:37 pm
(88) Keira says:

LOTS is the best show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. I’m still holding out hope that this isn’t the end though…

May 2, 2013 at 5:53 am
(89) nike olaiya says:

we want seanson 3

May 14, 2013 at 12:02 pm
(90) lisa says:

please bring it back i really enjoyed it so much i watched all of them in 3 days because they where so good.

May 14, 2013 at 6:04 pm
(91) Richard says:

Please make more there is still alto u can do with it which will keep it interesting please don’t disappoint the public xxxx

May 25, 2013 at 6:07 pm
(92) gal glam says:

Legend of the seeker is a really good show but it should have been marketed properly. Although I think merlin was better wit a lot of funny moments n d chemistry between all d characters were amazing. I was hoping for a season six and I was also hoping legend of the seeker to reach that far. Both shows are so amazing and so captivating every episode leaves the viewer in suspence. Please people let’s have a season 3 for legend of d seeker and season 6 for d fans of merlin best shows on tv network much better than reality shows…